Next다음 문서

크게 작게 위로 아래로 댓글로 가기 인쇄 첨부
?

단축키

Prev이전 문서

Next다음 문서

크게 작게 위로 아래로 댓글로 가기 인쇄 첨부

<본문>

35.누구든지 나의 변명을 들어다오 나의 서명이 여기 있으니 전능자가 내게 대답하시기를 바라노라 나를 고발하는 자가 있다면 그에게 고소장을 쓰게 하라

36.내가 그것을 어깨에 메기도 하고 왕관처럼 머리에 쓰기도 하리라

37.내 걸음의 수효를 그에게 알리고 왕족처럼 그를 가까이 하였으리라

38.만일 내 밭이 나를 향하여 부르짖고 밭이랑이 함께 울었다면

39.만일 내가 값을 내지 않고 그 소출을 먹고 그 소유주가 생명을 잃게 하였다면

40.밀 대신에 가시나무가 나고 보리 대신에 독보리가 나는 것이 마땅하니라 하고 욥의 말이 그치니라

<설교>

욥기는 출발부터 믿음에 대한 두 개의 노선이 등장합니다. 인간의 믿음과 행동과 선택에 의해서 현재의 상황이 결정된다는 것과 현재의 상황은 인간의 믿음, 행동, 선택과는 무관하다는 것입니다. 욥과 친구들의 논쟁 또한 이 두 노선의 대립이라고 할 수 있습니다. 그러므로 누구든 자기 생각의 허점을 발견하고 수긍하지 않는 한 두 노선이 서로 만날 수 없는 것은 충분히 예견된 일입니다. 욥과 친구들의 논쟁 또한 그러한 결과로 마쳐지는 것을 보게 됩니다.

그렇다 하여 욥이 자기 고난의 모든 내막을 알고 자기주장을 하는 것은 아닙니다. 욥도 고난의 내막에 대해서는 알지 못합니다. 다만 고난의 이유가 죄에 있지 않다는 것과 그 증거로 악인의 형통을 언급한 것입니다.

욥이 고난을 겪게 된 상황을 보면 사실 욥으로서는 억울할 수도 있습니다. 왜냐하면 하나님과 사탄의 대화로 인해 야기된 것이 욥의 고난이기 때문입니다. 즉 욥이 개입되어 발생한 사태가 아닌 것입니다. 욥은 전혀 개입한 바가 없는데 상황은 욥에게 큰 고통을 주는 방향으로 흘러갑니다. 그런데 결과는 하나님 앞에서 자신의 무지를 고백하고 회개하는 욥으로 바뀝니다. 즉 자기 존재에 대한 시각에 변화가 발생한 것입니다.

그러면 욥의 변화는 욥 스스로의 의지와 결심에 의한 것입니까? 말씀드린 것처럼 욥의 상황에 욥은 전혀 개입한 바가 없습니다. 하나님이 욥에게 변화가 있게 하신 것입니다. 그 말은 하나님은 1:1절에 등장하는 온전하고 정직하여 하나님을 경외하며 악에서 떠난 자로서의 욥을 원하신 것이 아니란 뜻입니다. 이런 점에서 우리는 소위 하나님이 원하시는 신자다움을 많이 잘못 알고 있습니다. 우리는 신자다운 신자, 하나님이 원하시고 기뻐하시는 신자다움을 1:1절에서 찾기 때문입니다.

온전하고 정직하여 하나님을 경외하며 악에서 떠난 자더라는 평가는 순전히 욥의 의지와 노력과 열심에 의한 것입니다. 혹시 아들들이 죄를 범하여 마음으로 하나님을 욕되게 하였을까 하여 아들의 명수대로 번제를 드릴 정도로 죄에 대한 철저함과 의지와 노력을 보였습니다.

지금의 기독교 또한 하나님의 기뻐하시는 신자다움은 본인의 의지와 노력에 달린 것으로 가르칩니다. 이것이 성화로 주장되는 것입니다. 하지만 우리가 보기에는 완전하다고 할 수 있는 욥을 하나님이 바꾸셨다는 것을 생각해 보십시오. 우리가 신자 됨에 대해서 무엇을 잘못 알고 오해하고 있는가를 알 수 있을 것입니다. 그래서 생각할 것은 이러한 내용들을 살펴가는 우리에게도 욥과 같은 변화가 있게 되는 것이 우리가 욥기를 보는 이유라는 것입니다.

35절을 보면 누구든지 나의 변명을 들어다오 나의 서명이 여기 있으니 전능자가 내게 대답하시기를 바라노라 나를 고발하는 자가 있다면 그에게 고소장을 쓰게 하라고 말합니다.

나의 서명이 여기 있다는 것은 지금까지의 자신의 말이 모두 사실임을 강조하는 것입니다. 전능자가 자기의 말에 대해 대답하시기를 바랄 정도로 틀림이 없음을 말합니다. 욥의 자신감은 자기의 죄에 대해 고소장을 쓸 수 있다면 그것을 어깨에 메고 왕관처럼 머리에 쓰겠다고 할 정도입니다.

욥이 자기에 대해 이렇게까지 말하는 것은 고난의 이유를 욥의 죄로 밀어붙이는 친구들의 주장에 대한 반박입니다. 그럼에도 불구하고 지적할 수 있는 것은 욥은 자신의 삶, 즉 행함을 근거로 한 온전함을 주장한다는 것입니다. 이 말은 욥은 여전히 봐야 할 것을 보지 못한다는 뜻입니다.

욥의 고난이 욥과는 무관하다고 말씀드렸습니다. 욥의 잘잘못에 따른 결과가 아닌 것입니다. 그럼에도 불구하고 고난의 이유를 알지 못해 혼란스러워 했다는 것은 여전히 모든 상황을 자기를 근거로 이해하고자 했다는 뜻입니다. 온전하다고 할 수 있는 자기의 삶을 근거로 하면 죽음을 느낄 정도의 고난이 주어진다는 것은 이해할 수 없는 일이기 때문입니다.

이러한 욥을 보면서 우리는 이런 생각을 할 필요가 있습니다. 욥이 고난이 있기 전까지 부를 누리며 살았던 것이 욥의 온전하고 정직하며 악에서 떠난 욥의 옳은 삶에 의한 것인가 하는 점입니다. 고난이 욥과 무관한 것이면 고난이 있기 전까지의 모든 삶 또한 욥과 무관한 것입니다. 전적으로 하나님이 베푸신 은혜였던 것인지 욥을 근거로 하여 베풀어진 것은 아무것도 없습니다. 따라서 욥은 모든 근거를 자신이 아닌 하나님에게서 찾아야 했던 것입니다. 이것이 모든 삶에 대한 우리의 시각이 되어야 합니다.

38:41절에 보면 까마귀 새끼가 하나님을 향하여 부르짖으며 먹을 것이 없어서 허우적거릴 때에 그것을 위하여 먹이를 마련하는 이가 누구냐라고 욥에게 물으십니다.

여러분이 욥이라면 뭐라고 답하시겠습니까? 당연히하나님이라고 답할 것입니다. 그렇다면 까마귀 새끼가 먹을 것을 구하고 하늘을 날고 있는 모습에서 우리는 무엇을 생각해야할까요? 우리는 하찮게 생각하면서 전혀 관심 두지 않는 일에까지 하나님을 살피신다는 것입니다. 이것이 하나님의 긍휼이고 자비입니다.

우리는 까마귀 새끼가 먹을 것이 없어 허우적거리건 말건 관심 두지 않습니다. 내 문제가 아니기 때문입니다. 산 염소가 새끼 치는 때를 네가 아느냐 암사슴이 새끼 낳는 것을 네가 본 적이 있느냐 그것이 몇 달 만에 만삭되는지 아느냐 그 낳을 때를 아느냐”(39:1-2)라고 말씀하셨지만 이 또한 우리의 관심거리가 아닙니다.

산 염소가 새끼를 치는 때가 우리가 먹고 사는 문제에 필요한 것이 아닙니다. 암사슴이 새끼 낳는 것을 보지 못했다는 것도 전혀 중요한 문제가 아닙니다. 그런 것들과 무관하게 우리를 잘 살고 있습니다. 이것이 현실에 대한 우리의 인식입니다. 하지만 하나님은 우리가 관심두지 않는 모든 것에까지 마음을 두시고 살피시고 기르시고 살게 하십니다. 이것이 우리가 지금 존재하는 이유입니다.

즉 하나님의 긍휼과 자비하심이 우리가 존재하는 이유고 근거가 됩니다. 이 말은 어떤 형편과 상황으로 존재하든 변하지 않는 것은 하나님으로 인해 존재하고 산다는 것입니다. 그런데 욥처럼 자기의 온전함에 초점을 두게 되면 현재의 형편과 상황에 자신이 개입하고자 하는 것이 될 뿐입니다.

38-40절의 만일 내 밭이 나를 향하여 부르짖고 밭이랑이 함께 울었다면 만일 내가 값을 내지 않고 그 소출을 먹고 그 소유주가 생명을 잃게 하였다면 밀 대신에 가시나무가 나고 보리 대신에 독보리가 나는 것이 마땅하니라 하고 욥의 말이 그치니라는 말이 논쟁의 결론입니다.

4장부터 시작된 치열한 논쟁의 결론이라고 할 수 없을 정도로 허무하다고 생각되지 않습니까? 결국 하나님을 말하는 것 같았지만 사실은 하나님을 믿는 자기의 지식을 주장하는 것뿐입니다. 하나님은 명분일 뿐이고 하나님을 믿고 하나님을 아는 자신을 유지하고자 하는 것을 볼 수 있습니다. 여기에서는 욥도 자유로울 수 없습니다. 욥 역시 하나님을 믿는 자로서 부끄러움이 없는 자신을 유지하고자 했음을 논쟁에서 볼 수 있기 때문입니다.

우리가 소위 성경을 얘기할 때도 이런 오류에 빠질 가능성이 많습니다. 그것이 인간의 습성이기 때문입니다. 욥과 그의 친구들처럼 하나님은 자기를 주장하기 위한 하나의 명분일 뿐이고 결국 자기에게 있는 자기 것을 주장하고 관철시키고자 하는 것이 목표가 되는 경우가 허다한 것입니다.

하나님은 이러한 우리를 변화되게 하십니다. 그로 인해서 우리에게서 드러나는 것은 하나님을 믿는 나가 목표가 되고 방향으로 되어 있는 우리의 오류입니다. 결국 나의 전부가 오류투성이라는 것을 알게 되면서 하나님의 긍휼과 자비하심으로 살아왔음을 놓치고 살았던 헛됨으로 인해 회개하게 됩니다. 이것이 하나님으로 인한 신자의 변화이며 하나님이 개입하심으로 되어진 성화로 설명할 수 있습니다.

1:16절을 보면 만물이 그에게서 창조되되 하늘과 땅에서 보이는 것들과 보이지 않는 것들과 혹은 왕권들이나 주권들이나 통치자들이나 권세들이나 만물이 다 그로 말미암고 그를 위하여 창조되었고라고 말합니다.

모든 만물이 주로 말미암았고 주를 위해 존재합니다. 그 만물 안에 우리가 있습니다. 나를 위해 존재하는 나는 주의 원수 된 관계에 있을 뿐입니다. 그런데 주의 원수 된 관계에 있는 우리를 위해 십자가에 죽으신 것입니다. 이 은혜가 우리의 평생의 삶의 근거, 이유가 되어야 합니다. 그래서 무슨 논쟁을 해도 결론의 마무리는 은혜여야 합니다.

Chapter 70

The End Of The Dispute

Oh that one would hear me! behold, my desire is, that the Almighty would answer me, and that mine adversary had written a book.

Surely I would take it upon my shoulder, and bind it as a crown to me.

I would declare unto him the number of my steps; as a prince would I go near unto him.

If my land cry against me, or that the furrows likewise thereof complain;

If I have eaten the fruits thereof without money, or have caused the owners thereof to lose their life:

Let thistles grow instead of wheat, and cockle instead of barley. The words of Job are ended. (Job 31:35-40 KJV)

(Sermon)

In the beginning of the Book of Job, there are two lines of faith. The one is that the current condition is determined by men’s faith, works and choice. The other is that the current condition has nothing to do with men’s faith, works and choice. We can say the dispute between Job and his friends is the conflict between the two lines. Thus, unless one of the two realizes one’s fault, it is axiomatic that the two will go parallel. That’s why we see the end of their dispute with no point met.

Yet, It is not that Job is claiming all in the awareness of the reason of the afflictions. He doesn’t know why he is given the hardships. He just knows it is not of his sins, vouched by saying there are the wicked prosperous in the world.

Taking a look at Job, having such difficult time, it may seem unfair because it all began with the talk between God and Satan. That is, he is not the cause of it. Nevertheless, everything goes against him with the afflictions. Yet, the conclusion brings him to where he confesses to God for his ignorance in repentance, which means the viewpoint on himself is changed.

Then, is the change by his own will and determination? As spoken earlier, he has nothing to do with his situations. God changed him. That means God didn’t want him to be perfect and upright and one that feared God, and eschewed evil in 1:1. In this sense, we misunderstand big time of what God wants believers to be because we think 1:1 is what a believer is supposed to be to please God.

‘Perfect, upright, fearing God and eschewing evil’ is the evaluation of his willingness, efforts and zeal. He showed his devotion to God as thorough as he offered burnt offerings according to the number of his sons in case they sinned against God in their hearts.

The modern Christianity also teaches people that pleasing God depends on what they do in willingness and efforts. It is claimed in the name of ‘sanctification.’ Yet, take a look at the fact that God changed Job, whom we think is perfect. We can find out what our misunderstandings are of being a believer. Therefore, we need to remind ourselves of why we meditate the Book of Job, experiencing the change Job had.

In Verse 35, it says, “Oh that one would hear me! behold, my desire is, that the Almighty would answer me, and that mine adversary had written a book.”

He emphasizes on what he has said so far is true by the verse, being confident that the Almighty would answer him. His conviction in himself goes so far as to take his adversary’s accusation in his shoulder and bind it as a crown.

He is saying such against his friends’ claim that the cause of the afflictions is of his sins. Yet, what is still wrong with him is that he claims his innocence based on his life, the works, meaning that he isn’t seeing what he is supposed to see.

I have told you His afflictions have nothing to do with Job, neither his good deeds nor evil behavior. Yet, why he is confused is because he is trying to understand the situations based on himself. He can never understand why he is given such conditions if he stands on his point of view.

What we should ask ourselves in the meditation of the Book of Job is ‘was his rich and comfortable life before the afflictions because of his perfect, upright and eschewing evil living?’ If the affliction has nothing to do with him, the life before that is the same, having nothing to do with him. All were the grace given by God and there is nothing based on Job. Hence, Job ought to find the reason in God, not himself. So should we.

In Job 38:41, God asks Job by saying, “Who provideth for the raven his food? when his young ones cry unto God, they wander for lack of meat.”

If you were he, what would you answer God? You would definitely answer, ‘God.’ Then, what should we think of when we see the raven fly and the young ones cry unto God? We ought to know that God takes care of what we think are petty things. This is the compassion and mercy of God.

We are careless of if the young ones of the raven are in hunger or not since it is not our matter. “Knowest thou the time when the wild goats of the rock bring forth? or canst thou mark when the hinds do calve? Canst thou number the months that they fulfil? or knowest thou the time when they bring forth?” in 39:1-2 is not our interest either.

When the wild goats give birth has nothing to do with our daily lives. We are not relevant to the fact that deer bear their fawns. We live our lives eating and drinking regardless of the things above. This is the recognition of our reality. However, God is taking care of the things we aren’t interested in, by which we can exist now.

That is, the compassion and mercy of God is why and how we exist, which means we live by Him no matter what environment we are in. Yet, if we focus on our being perfect and upright like Job, we would like to get involved in our current condition and situation.

Verses 38 thru 40 show us the end of the dispute, “"if my land cries out against me and all its furrows are wet with tears, if I have devoured its yield without payment or broken the spirit of its tenants, then let briers come up instead of wheat and weeds instead of barley." The words of Job are ended.”

Don’t you think it’s too empty to be the end of the long and intense dispute, beginning Chapter 4? Although they sound like talking about God, all are the claims of their own knowledge of God. We can find that all the dispute show us that they would keep themselves, believing in God in their own way, including Job. It is because Job would maintain his integrity that he is not ashamed of himself.

When we share the Bible with other, we also tend to fall into this fallacy, which is our sinful nature. Like Job and his friends, we would use God for our justification, claiming our righteousness in many cases.

God changes such people like us. Then, what is revealed is our fallacy, living for ourselves, who think believe in God. At last, we come to know we are all full of fallacy, realizing we have ignored the fact that we have been in the grace of God, and repent for it. This is the change of believers by God and can be called sanctification intervened by God.

In Colossians 1:16, it says, “For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him.”

All things were created by God and for Himself. We belong to His creation. If we are for ourselves, it is nothing but the enemy of God. Yet, the Lord died on the cross for us, the enemies of God. Such grace should be the reason and all for our existence. Therefore, no matter what kind of dispute we are in, the conclusion must be His grace!

List of Articles
번호 분류 제목 글쓴이 날짜 조회 수
588 욥기 (72강) 사람보다 크심 file 신윤식 2018.09.29 16996
587 욥기 (71강) 엘리후의 등장 file 신윤식 2018.09.22 1125
» 욥기 (70강) 논쟁 종결 file 신윤식 2018.09.15 896
585 욥기 (69강) 결백 주장 file 신윤식 2018.09.08 1309
584 욥기 (68강) 어긋나는 현실 file 신윤식 2018.09.01 966
583 열왕기상 열왕기상 신윤식 2018.08.15 4947
582 열왕기하 열왕기하 신윤식 2018.08.15 3694
581 시편 시편1-76편 강해 신윤식 2018.08.13 7113
580 욥기 (67강) 현실 한탄 file 신윤식 2018.08.11 1131
579 욥기 (66강) 과거 회상 file 신윤식 2018.08.08 614