욥 39:1-4http://onlycross.net/videos/job/job-390104.mp4

설교듣기(클릭하세요)

<본문>
1.산 염소가 새끼 치는 때를 네가 아느냐 암사슴이 새끼 낳는 것을 네가 본 적이 있느냐

2.그것이 몇 달 만에 만삭되는지 아느냐 그 낳을 때를 아느냐

3.그것들은 몸을 구푸리고 새끼를 낳으니 그 괴로움이 지나가고

4.그 새끼는 강하여져서 빈 들에서 크다가 나간 후에는 다시 돌아오지 아니하느니라

<설교>

욥은 하나님이 자신의 죄가 무엇이며 죄가 얼마나 많은 지에 대해 말씀해 주기를 원했습니다. 이러한 욥의 심정은 그리하시고 주는 나를 부르소서 내가 대답하리이다 혹 내가 말씀하게 하옵시고 주는 내게 대답하옵소서 나의 죄악이 얼마나 많으니이까 나의 허물과 죄를 내게 알게 하옵소서”(13:22-23)라는 말에서도 잘 드러납니다.

그리고 욥의 요구대로 하나님이 나타 나셔서 욥에게 말씀합니다. 하지만 그 내용은 욥이 요구했던 것과는 전혀 다릅니다. 욥은 자신의 죄의 여부와 그 분량에 대해 듣기를 원했지만 하나님은 욥이 전혀 관심 두지 않고 있는 자연의 문제를 들고 오신 것입니다.

하나님이 욥의 말대로 그의 죄에 대해 언급하지 않으신 것은 욥이 죄가 없다는 뜻이 아니라 고난의 이유가 죄에 있지 않기 때문일 것입니다. 그렇다면 고난의 이유를 죄에 두고 욥을 비난했던 친구들의 말이나 자신의 죄 없음을 주장하는 욥의 말이나 그러한 욥을 비난한 엘리후 모두 부질없는 말을 한 것에 지나지 않습니다.

이에 대해서 하나님은 무지한 말로 생각을 어둡게 하는 자가 누구냐”(38:2)라고 말씀합니다. 많은 이야기들이 하나님의 생각에서 벗어났고 결국 사탄에게 고난을 허락하신 하나님의 생각을 가리고 어둡게 하는 결과만 초래했다는 것입니다.

고난의 이유를 죄에 둔다면 그것은 복의 이유를 선에 두는 것과 같습니다. 하지만 이것은 복을 주고 심판을 행하시는 하나님의 일이 인간의 행함의 여부에 달렸다는 것을 의미하는 것이고 바꾸어 말하면 인간의 행동을 보고 하나님이 어떻게 일하실 것인가를 미리 예견할 수 있다는 의미도 됩니다. 하지만 하나님의 일하심은 인간이 예측할 수도 예견할 수도 없습니다. 하나님의 생각은 우리의 생각과 다르기 때문입니다.

그렇게 보면 욥의그런데 내가 앞으로 가도 그가 아니 계시고 뒤로 가도 보이지 아니하며 그가 왼쪽에서 일하시나 내가 만날 수 없고 그가 오른쪽으로 돌이키시나 뵈올 수 없구나”(23:8-9)라는 말도 당연하다 할 것입니다. 하나님은 인간의 생각에 포착되는 분이 아니기 때문입니다.

이처럼 하나님의 일하심은 인간의 생각으로 알 수 없음은 세상의 기초와 욥의 존재 관계로부터 시작하는 하나님의 말씀에서 드러난다고 할 수 있습니다.

하나님은 계속해서 산 염소가 새끼 치는 때를 네가 아느냐 암사슴이 새끼 낳는 것을 네가 본 적이 있느냐 그것이 몇 달 만에 만삭되는지 아느냐 그 낳을 때를 아느냐 그것들은 몸을 구푸리고 새끼를 낳으니 그 괴로움이 지나가고 그 새끼는 강하여져서 빈 들에서 크다가 나간 후에는 다시 돌아오지 아니하느니라고 말씀합니다.

산 염소가 새끼 치는 때는 우리의 경험이나 지식으로 알 수 있는 문제가 아닙니다. 또한 우리가 죄를 행하든 선을 행하든 관계없이 산 염소는 새끼를 치고 번식하며 존재할 것입니다. 그리고 그 모든 것은 하나님이 행하시고 베푸시는 일들입니다. 그 모든 일에도 하나님의 뜻이 있고 계획이 있음을 생각해 보십시오. 인간이 과연 하나님의 일하심을 알거나 예견할 수 있을까요? 산 염소가 새끼 치는 때도 암 사슴이 새끼 낳는 것도 보지 못하는 우리가 어떻게 하나님의 일하심을 알고 예견할 수 있다고 하겠습니까.

우리는 하나님이 다스리시는 자연의 티끌과도 같은 한 부분에 대해서도 알지 못합니다. 그런 우리가 죄를 지으면 하나님께 심판을 받는다’‘선을 행하면 하나님이 복 주신다는 말을 어떻게 할 수 있겠습니까? 물론 성경에 그런 말씀이 있다며 나름대로 근거를 제시할 것입니다. 대표적으로 신명기 28장이 복과 저주에 내용으로 가득합니다.

그렇다면 우리의 현실을 생각해 보십시오. 죄를 지은 우리에게 하나님이 심판을 행하십니까? 선을 행하는 문제에 대해서는 아예 불가능하기 때문에 선과 복에 대해서는 거론할 필요도 없습니다. 결국 우리에게 남는 것은 심판뿐입니다. 하지만 현실은 전혀 다릅니다. 이러한 현실 속에서 하나님의 일하심을 안다고 할 수 없는 것입니다.

산 염소가 새끼를 치고 암 사슴이 새끼 낳는 것은 우리 관심 밖의 일입니다. 기르는 가축도 아니고 산에 있는 염소나 사슴이 새끼를 낳고 기르는 일들이 우리의 육신에 도움 되는 것이 아니기 때문입니다.

다시 말해서 우리는 육신의 문제에만 치우쳐 살아가는 것이고, 그러한 시각으로 세상을 다스리시는 하나님의 생각과 뜻을 알 수는 없습니다. 그런 점에서 네가 아느냐는 말씀은 제한적이고 좁은 자기중심적인 시각으로 하나님의 일하심을 예견하는 것이야 말로 무지한 인간의 소치임을 드러내는 것이라 할 수 있습니다.

산 염소가 새끼 치는 때를 네가 아느냐는 말씀에 대해 우리는 단지모릅니다라는 것보다는그것을 내가 알아야 할 이유가 있는가?’라는 생각이 앞설 것입니다. 사실 산 염소가 새끼 치는 때를 우리가 알아야 할 이유가 없습니다. 세상을 사는 일과 무관하기 때문입니다.

하지만 산 염소가 새끼 치는 때도 하나님이 관여하시는 일이라면, 우리는 하나님이 관여하시는 세상에서 하나님으로 인해 사는 것이 분명합니다. 결론은 우리는 어느 한부분에 대해서도 하나님의 관여 없이 존재하는 것은 없다는 것입니다. 그래서 내가 잘한 것이 있으면 하나님이 복을 주신다는 것은 하나님의 뜻대로 하나님이 관여하시는 삶을 부인하는 무지한 말일 뿐입니다.

우리는 살려주시는 은혜 아래 있습니다. 존재해야 할 가치가 없음에도 불구하고 살려주시는 것입니다. 그럼에도왜 살려주십니까?’라는 물음보다는왜 이렇게 살게 합니까?’라는 불평으로 일관할 뿐입니다. 이런 우리를 위해서 그리스도가 십자가에 피 흘려 죽으셨다는 사실이 놀랍지 않습니까?

사랑 받을 이유도 가치도 없는 자에게 예수 그리스도가 이유가 되심으로 생명에 속하게 된 것입니다. 이것이 하나님이 창세전에 계획하신 것인데 이 계획을 누가 알았습니까? 아무도 몰랐던 계획을 하나님이 세우시고 하나님이 이루신 것입니다. 그리고 우리는 거룩한 백성이라는 신분을 얻었고 생명이라는 열매만 누리게 된 것입니다.

그렇다면 오늘이 힘들다고 해서하나님이 나를 사랑하지 않으신 것은 아닌가?’라고 생각하는 것은 마치 하나님의 일하심을 잘 알고 있는 것처럼 여기는 교만일 수밖에 없습니다. 사랑 받지 못할 자를 사랑하신 분이 하나님이심을 안다면 어떤 상황에서도 그리스도가 생명이심을 믿게 되는 것에서 사랑을 경험하게 되는 것이 신자이기 때문입니다.

본문 뒤에 보면 들나귀, 들소, 타조, , 독수리 등등에 대해 다양하게 말씀합니다. 욥이 듣고자 하는 것과는 전혀 다른 말씀으로 찾아오신 것입니다. 이렇게 하나님은 욥의 생각과는 다릅니다. 그리고 우리에게도 우리의 생각과 다르게 일하시고 찾아오십니다. 그래서 인간에 생각에 맞게 일하시는 하나님은 하나님이 아니라 우상인 것입니다.

세상은 하나님의 관여하심으로 존재하고 우리 또한 삶이 힘들고 편함을 떠나서 하나님의 관여하심 아래 있습니다. 이것이 우리의 믿음이 되어야 합니다. 우리가 못하면 못한 일에 대해서, 잘하면 잘한 일에 대해서 관여하시는 것이 아니라 창세전에 세우신 그 계획대로 관여하시는 것입니다.

기독교인들은 자신이 원하는 현실이 이루어지는 것에서 하나님의 은혜를 확인하려고 합니다. 인간이 원하는 현실보다 하나님이 우리에게 뜻하신 현실이 이루어지는 것이 은혜임을 모르는 것입니다. 그래서 우리는 정말 무지하고 아무것도 모르는 자들입니다. 다만 성경이 계시하시는 말씀을 통해서 조금씩 하나님을 알아가는 것일 뿐입니다.

하나님이 하시는 일이 납득이 되지 않는다면 납득되지 않는 채로 하나님께 나와져야 합니다. 하나님을 모르겠다는 불평이 있다면 불평이 있는 그대로 나오면 됩니다. 그리고 무지한 인간의 생각으로 크고 높으신 하나님의 일을 납득하고자 하는 것이 교만이고 죄였음을 알게 되면 됩니다.

우리가 하나님을 의지하게 되는 것은 하나님이 힘이 된다는 것을 믿기 때문이라기보다는 하나님의 모든 뜻과 일하심이 인간의 생각보다 높으심을 알았기 때문입니다. 세상을 보면서 인간의 무지함이 깊이 실감되기 바랍니다.

Chapter 84

Do You Know?

Knowest thou the time when the wild goats of the rock bring forth? or canst thou mark when the hinds do calve?

Canst thou number the months that they fulfil? or knowest thou the time when they bring forth?

They bow themselves, they bring forth their young ones, they cast out their sorrows.

Their young ones are in good liking, they grow up with corn; they go forth, and return not unto them. (Job 39:1-4 KJV)

(Sermon)

Job wanted God to tell him what his sin was and how much it was, expressed in 13:22-23, “Then call thou, and I will answer: or let me speak, and answer thou me. How many are mine iniquities and sins? make me to know my transgression and my sin.”

And, God appears and speaks to him as he asked. Yet, the answer is not what he asked for. Although he would know of his sin problem, God begins to tell him of the nature, which is not his interest.

That God isn’t telling him of his sins doesn’t mean he has no sin, but the reason of the afflictions is not on his sins, revealing all including Job’s friends, Job and Elihu are wrong in their aspects of Job’s afflictions.

To all of their thoughts, God says in 38:2, “Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge?”, meaning all the words they uttered are off the will of God that He gave Job the afflictions.

If the reason of receiving affliction were sin, that of receiving blessing would be good deeds. Then, it would mean the work of God, giving blessings and punishing sin, would depend on what we do. In other words, we would be able to guess how God works by watching our behaviors. However, we can never guess the work of God because thoughts of God are different from those of ours.

In this sense, Job sounds right in 23:8-9, “Behold, I go forward, but he is not there; and backward, but I cannot perceive him: On the left hand, where he doth work, but I cannot behold him: he hideth himself on the right hand, that I cannot see him”, for God is not caught in any human thoughts.

Such truth is revealed by the Word of God, the relationship between the foundation of the world and Job.

God continues to speak to him, “Knowest thou the time when the wild goats of the rock bring forth? or canst thou mark when the hinds do calve? Canst thou number the months that they fulfil? or knowest thou the time when they bring forth? They bow themselves, they bring forth their young ones, they cast out their sorrows. Their young ones are in good liking, they grow up with corn; they go forth, and return not unto them.”

When the wild goats give birth is not a matter of our knowledge or experience. They will multiply themselves regardless of our sins or good deeds. And, all is the work of God. Think of the fact that there is the will and plan of God in such thing. Do you think we can guess what it is? Not at all.

We can’t even know a tiny portion of the nature, which God is reigning. Then, how come we can even say, ‘if we sin, we will be punished’ or ‘if we do good things, we will be blessed’? Of course, some may say they have a biblical basis such as Deuteronomy Chapter 28, full of blessings and curses.

Then, think of our reality. Do we get God’s punishment when we sin? What about doing good deeds? It is needless to say. What is left is the judgement of God. Yet, the reality is far different. In such case, we can’t say we know the work of God.

The mountain goats and does’s giving birth has nothing to do with our interest because the wild animals, not domesticated, are not useful for us.

In other words, we are living for ourselves, whose point of view is impossible to understand the work of God. In this aspect, God’s question, ‘do you know’, exposes our ignorance that we would guess why God works such.

What we first come to think when we hear the question, ‘do you know when the mountain goats give birth?’, is not just, ‘I don’t know’, but ‘why would I have to know such?’ In fact, we have no reason to know it since it is no help for us to live in the world.

Yet, if God governs the time of the goats’ giving birth, it is for sure that we are living by God in where He controls. In short, we can’t live without His interventions at any moment in the world. Thus, ‘If I do good, God will bless me’ is nothing but a mere ignorant expression that denies the work of God.

We are under His grace, which makes us live. Nevertheless, we would rather say, ‘why art Thou doing this to me?’ than ‘why are Thou giving me Thy grace to live?’ To such people like us, isn’t it wonderful for Jesus Christ to die on the cross shedding His blood?

We come to belong to the life even though we don’t deserve it at all. This is the plan of God even before the creation of the world. Who would know this? God established the plan and fulfilled it when no one else knew it, by which we received the status of the children of God and the eternal life.

Then, when we are in difficulties, if we think, ‘why doesn’t God love me?’, it is nothing but our pride, thinking we understand the work of God for all. It is because believers are the ones who experience the love of God in the awareness that God loves them through Christ even though they don’t deserve it.

In the latter portion of the passage today, there are the names of various animals such as the wild ass, ox, ostrich, hawk, eagle. God comes to Job with the answer far from Job’s expectation. He does the same to us too. Thus, the god that works according to human mind is not God but an idol.

God is in control of all the universe including us no matter what conditions we are in. This should be our faith. God works according to His will, founded before the creation of the world, not what we do.

Christians tend to make sure the grace of God with how things are going with their reality, not knowing what the true grace of God, fulfilling the work of God in His will, not ours. Therefore, we can say we know nothing of God except for the fact that we get to know who God little by little through the Bible, the revelation of God.

If we don’t know the work of God, we ought to come to God as it is. If we complain that we can’t understand the work of God, we should come to Him as we are. Then, we come to realize that it is sin and pride that we would dare to judge the work of God since we are nothing but dead dogs.

When we come to depend on God, it is not that we know God can be the power for us but come to know that the thoughts and the plan of God is all above ours. I deeply pray that we are all aware of our ignorance in depth as we are looking at the world, which we are in!

List of Articles
번호 분류 제목 글쓴이 날짜 조회 수
608 욥기 (92강) 욥의 결말 신윤식 2019.02.16 4682
607 욥기 (91강) 욥에게 가서 신윤식 2019.02.09 804
606 욥기 (90강) 욥의 회개 신윤식 2019.02.02 1666
605 욥기 (89강) 다 내 것이니라 1 신윤식 2019.01.26 15907
604 욥기 (88강) 그리하면 신윤식 2019.01.19 771
603 욥기 (87강) 욥의 대답 신윤식 2019.01.12 1048
602 욥기 (86강) 하나님의 자유 신윤식 2019.01.05 839
601 욥기 (85강) 들나귀의 자유 신윤식 2018.12.29 991
» 욥기 (84강) 네가 아느냐 신윤식 2018.12.22 967
599 욥기 (83강) 네가 신윤식 2018.12.15 2001