<본문>

1.욥이 여호와께 대답하여 이르되

2.주께서는 못 하실 일이 없사오며 무슨 계획이든지 못 이루실 것이 없는 줄 아오니

3.무지한 말로 이치를 가리는 자가 누구니이까 나는 깨닫지도 못한 일을 말하였고 스스로 알 수도 없고 헤아리기도 어려운 일을 말하였나이다

4.내가 말하겠사오니 주는 들으시고 내가 주께 묻겠사오니 주여 내게 알게 하옵소서

5.내가 주께 대하여 귀로 듣기만 하였사오나 이제는 눈으로 주를 뵈옵나이다

6.그러므로 내가 스스로 거두어들이고 티끌과 재 가운데에서 회개하나이다

<설교>

신자는 예수 그리스도로 말미암아 구원 받은 사람입니다. 그리고 신자의 구원은 하나님의 구원 작업의 결과입니다. 그렇다면 하나님이 구원하신 신자는 더 이상의 구원 작업이 필요 없는 것일까요? 논리적으로는 그렇습니다. 만약에 구원 작업이 계속 반복되어야 한다면 그것은 한번 이루어진 구원이 취소되었다는 뜻이 됩니다. 인간의 잘못으로 구원이 최소 되었기에 하나님이 다시 그를 구원하기 위해 일하신다고 해야 논리적으로 맞는 말이 됩니다. 하지만 그것은 성경적으로는 옳지 않습니다.

9:12절에 보면 염소와 송아지의 피로 하지 아니하고 오직 자기의 피로 영원한 속죄를 이루사 단번에 성소에 들어가셨느니라고 말합니다.

구원은 예수의 피로 이루어진 영원한 속죄의 세계를 말합니다. 하나님이 택하신 자기 백성에게 믿음을 선물하셔서 속죄 양으로 오신 그리스도를 믿게 하시고 영원한 속죄 아래 있게 하신 것입니다. 그것이 신자의 구원이기에 신자의 잘못으로 구원이 취소되는 일은 없습니다.

그러면 말씀드린 것처럼 구원된 신자에게는 하나님의 구원 작업이 종결된 것으로 봐야하는가의 문제가 있습니다. 구원된 신자에게 구원 작업은 불필요한 것이기 때문입니다. 하지만 이러한 의문은 구원을 개인적인 것으로 이해하는 결과입니다. 하나님의 구원 작업이 각기 개인에게 국한 된 것으로 인식하기 때문에 구원 받은 사람에게는 더 이상의 구원 작업이 없어도 되는 것이 아닌가?라는 생각을 하게 됩니다.

하지만 성경에는 갓난 아기들 같이 순전하고 신령한 젖을 사모하라 이는 그로 말미암아 너희로 구원에 이르도록 자라게 하려 함이라”(벧전 2:2)는 말씀처럼 하나님의 구원 작업이 계속되고 있음을 의미하는 내용도 있습니다.

그래서 신자가 구원에 대해 인식해야 하는 것은 내가 구원 받는 것이 하나님의 구원 작업의 목적이 아니라는 것입니다. 하나님은 자기 백성으로 하여금 하나님의 구원의 세계를 보게 하시고 세상에서는 찾아볼 수 없는 아들의 피로 이룬 영원한 속죄의 방식에 의한 구원을 찬송하게 하는 것에 뜻을 두고 계시기 때문입니다. 이 같은 하나님의 구원 작업이 우리의 인생에서 계속된다는 것을 생각한다면 하나님이 어떤 뜻으로 우리 인생에 개입하시는가를 알 수 있을 것입니다.

하나님은 욥의 인생에 고난으로 개입하셨습니다. 이 또한 하나님의 구원 작업입니다. 아직 구원 받지 못한 욥을 구원하기 위한 작업이라는 뜻이 아닙니다. 고난을 통해서 욥에게 드러나지 않았던 것을 드러나게 하시고, 하나님의 말씀을 들은 욥으로 하여금 그러므로 내가 스스로 거두어들이고 티끌과 재 가운데에서 회개하나이다”(6)라는 고백이 있게 하심으로 하나님을 만난 구원된 자의 고백과 찬송이 무엇인가를 보여주기 위한 작업입니다.

이런 점에서 오늘 우리에게도 하나님의 구원 작업은 계속되고 있습니다. 하지만 말씀드린 것처럼 나 개인의 구원을 위한 구원 작업이 아니라 예수의 피로 인한 영원한 속죄의 기쁨과 감사를 실감할 수 있는 자리로 끌어가심으로써 하나님의 사랑을 찬송하게 하는 것입니다. 만약 이러한 하나님의 구원 작업이 없다면 우리는 구원을 귀로만 듣고 머리로만 알고 입술로만 말할 뿐이지 삶에서 실제로 경험하는 것은 없을 것입니다.

욥이 5절에서 내가 주께 대하여 귀로 듣기만 하였사오나 이제는 눈으로 주를 뵈옵나이다라는 말을 합니다.

욥은 고난을 겪으면서 하나님이 자신을 버리셨다고 생각했습니다. 욥은 온 힘을 다해 하나님을 경외했습니다. 악에서 떠난 자로 인정을 받을 정도였습니다. 그러한 자신이 하나님께 버림받는다는 것은 생각할 수도 없는 일입니다. 그런데 모든 것이 사라지는 고난을 접하자 하나님께 버림받은 것으로 생각한 것입니다. 이것이 하나님이 대하여 귀로 듣기만 한 수준입니다.

하지만 욥은 하나님의 말씀에서 사람이 없는 곳에 비가 내리는 것도, 산 속 깊은 곳에서 염소가 새끼를 치는 것도 모두 하나님이 개입하신 일이라는 것을 생각하게 됩니다. 다시 말해서 인간이 관심을 두고, 이해할 수 있는 상황에만 하나님이 함께 하신 것이 아니었던 것입니다. 이것은 우리가 어떤 고난에 있다 해도 분명한 것은 하나님이 뜻에 의한 하나님이 작업이라는 것입니다.

그래서 욥은 주께서는 못 하실 일이 없사오며 무슨 계획이든지 못 이루실 것이 없는 줄 아오니 무지한 말로 이치를 가리는 자가 누구니이까 나는 깨닫지도 못한 일을 말하였고 스스로 알 수도 없고 헤아리기도 어려운 일을 말하였나이다”(2,3)라는 말로 자신의 무지함을 고백합니다.

인간이 입장에서는 억울하고 이해할 수 없는 일이라 해도 하나님이 뜻을 세우시고 그 뜻을 이루시기 위한 작업인 것을 알게 되자 지금까지 하나님에 대해 말하고 원망하고 불평했던 모든 것이 하나님을 알지 못하고 깨닫지도 못한 무지한 자의 말이었을 뿐임을 자각한 것입니다. 그렇게 자신의 무지함을 자신이 겪은 고난에서 깨닫고 실감 하게 된 모든 과정을 눈으로 주를 뵈옵나이다라는 말로 고백한 것입니다.

요나 선지자는 니느웨로 가라는 하나님의 말씀을 거부하고 다시스로 도망치다가 바다에서 풍랑을 만나 물고기에게 삼킴을 당했습니다. 그리고 물고기 뱃속에서 하나님을 찾고 부르짖게 됩니다.

만약 요나의 생각대로 순탄하게 다시스로 도망을 칠 수 있었다면, 자신이 다시스로 간 것을 하나님이 허락하셨다고 생각할 수도 있습니다. 자기 생각대로 되는 일을 하나님의 뜻으로 오인하는 것이 인간의 습성이기 때문입니다. 그렇게 보면 요나가 하나님이 자신을 바다에 던지셨음을 생각하고 부르짖기까지 배, 사공, 풍랑, 물고기 등등 많은 것이 동원되고 있음을 알 수 있습니다. 이 모든 것이 하나님의 구원 작업의 도구로 사용되는 것입니다.

때문에 우리의 삶에서 주어지는 모든 것은 우연한 것이 없으며, 어느 한 사건도 무의미하거나 버려지는 것 없이 우리로 하여금 하나님의 사랑과 구원의 은혜를 깨닫고 실감하게 하는 현장으로 끌어가는 도구인 것입니다. 이러한 하나님의 일하심을 알지 못하고 늘 주어진 것에 대해 불만을 토로하고 불평하는 우리 자신을 보게 되면서 욥과 같은 회개가 있게 되는 것입니다.

그래서 내려지는 결론은 주께서는 못 하실 일이 없고 무슨 계획이든 못 이루시는 것이 없다는 것입니다. 그리고 우리에게 주어진 사건 사고 등 모든 것이 하나님의 계획을 이루기 위해 동원된 도구임을 생각한다면 신자는 어떤 형편에서든 하나님을 벗어나 산 적이 없음을 알게 됩니다.

4장에 보면 요나가 니느웨로 가서 하나님의 말씀을 외친 후에 성에 무슨 일이 일어나는가 보려고 그늘 아래 앉습니다. 그런데 하나님이 박넝쿨을 자라게 하셔서 요나에게 뜨거운 햇빛을 가릴 그늘이 되게 합니다. 그리고 요나가 박넝쿨로 인해서 좋아할 때 벌레를 보내어 박넝쿨을 갉아 먹게 하시고 뜨거운 동풍과 해로 인해 괴롭게 합니다. 욥도 우리도 주어진 환경에 대해 요나처럼 반응하며 살아가는 것입니다.

욥이 처음에 가졌던 모든 소유물은 욥에게 없던 것들입니다. 사람은 누구나 아무것도 가지지 않은 빈손으로 태어나니까요? 욥의 건강가지도 욥의 것이라고 할 수 있는 것은 아무것도 없습니다. 그럼에도 주어진 것이 있다면 그것은 은혜입니다. 아무 자격도 없는 자에게 주어진 은혜인 것입니다.

욥이 재산과 자식을 잃고 주신 이도 여호와시요 거두신 이도 여호와시오니 여호와의 이름이 찬송을 받으실지니이다”(1:21)라고 말한 것을 기억할 것입니다. 우리는 그것을 두고 욥의 대단한 신앙으로 높이지만 결정적으로 욥이 눈치 채지 못했던 것은 애당초 무엇이 주어지든 자신은 그것을 받을 자격이 없는 자라는 사실입니다. 이것이 하나님과의 관계에 있는 신앙입니다.

주신 이도 여호와시고 가져가신 이도 여호와시라고 말할 수 있는 것이 주께 대하여 귀로 들은 실력이라고 할 것 같으면 자신을 무시하고 비천한 자로 알게 되고 어떤 것도 받을 자격이 없는 존재로 여기게 된다면 그것이 눈으로 주를 보는 것입니다. 그래서 하나님은 욥으로 하여금 하나님을 눈으로 보는 경험이 있는 자리로 끌어가시기 위해 고난과 함께 친구들이 등장하게 하시고 비난과 논쟁이 있게도 하신 것입니다. 이것이 우리의 삶에서 드러나는 하나님의 뜻이며 내막입니다.

Chapter 90

Job’s Repentance

Then Job answered the LORD, and said,

I know that thou canst do every thing, and that no thought can be withholden from thee.

Who is he that hideth counsel without knowledge? therefore have I uttered that I understood not; things too wonderful for me, which I knew not.

Hear, I beseech thee, and I will speak: I will demand of thee, and declare thou unto me.

I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee.

Wherefore I abhor myself, and repent in dust and ashes. (Job 42:1-6 KJV)

(Sermon)

Believers are the ones saved by Jesus Christ. The salvation is the result of the work of God. Then, is it right that the work of God for salvation is no longer needed? Logically yes. If the work of God for salvation needed to be repeated, the salvation once done would mean it has been canceled. It would sound logical that since man has caused the cancelation of the salvation, the work of God is needed again. Yet, it is not biblical.

In the Book of Hebrews 9:12, it says, “Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.”

The salvation means the world of eternal redemption done by the blood of Christ. God has given faith to His people and let them believe the Lamb of God, Jesus, and put them under the eternal redemption. Since this is who believers are, there is no way for them to nullify the salvation.

Then, as spoken earlier, there is still a question if the work of God for salvation is no longer needed. It is because they have already been saved. However, such question is due to the understanding of salvation as an individual matter, meaning that they think the work of God is limited to individuals.

Yet, the Bible says in 1st Peter 2:2 says, “As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby.”

Thus, believers must remember that they have been saved not for the purpose of the work of God for salvation because God lets them see the world of salvation and praise the salvation under the eternal redemption, done by the blood of His Son, which can’t be found in the world. If we realize such work of God for salvation is continued, we will find why God intervenes in our lives.

God intervened Job with afflictions, which is also the work of God for salvation. In other words, it is not that Job hasn’t been saved yet. Through the afflictions, God reveals what is not revealed before and lets him confess Verse 6, “Wherefore I abhor myself, and repent in dust and ashes”, which is the praise of one who has met God.

In this aspect, the work of God for salvation is continued in us. Yet, as I have told you earlier, it is not for individuals but leading His people where they are aware of the joy of the eternal redemption by the blood of Jesus, resulting in praising God for the love of God. If there were no such work of God for salvation, we wouldn’t be able to experience salvation but superficially think of it and nothing more.

Job says in Verse 5, “I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee.”

In the affliction, he thought God forsook him. He had revered God as much as possible. He was considered eschewing evil. Such person couldn’t have thought he would be forsaken by God. But, experiencing all the loss, he came to think he was forsaken by God. This is the status that he heard of God by the hearing of the ear.

Yet, Job came to realize by the Word of God that it is all the work of God in His intervention that it rains where no one lives and a wild goat on a deep mountain gives a birth to its baby and so forth. In other words, God doesn’t work only for what men can understand or are interested in, meaning that no matter what happen to us, it is all the work of God by His will.

That’s why Job confesses his ignorance in Verses 2 and 3, “I know that thou canst do every thing, and that no thought can be withholden from thee. Who is he that hideth counsel without knowledge? therefore have I uttered that I understood not; things too wonderful for me, which I knew not.”

He came to know that all that he had done against God by his complaints was of his pure ignorance of God when he saw all was the work of God in His will although it may seem unfair to men. He confesses his ignorance concisely by saying, “now I have seen Thee”, implying all that he learned from the afflictions.

Prophet Jonah was swallowed by a fish in a great storm when he had refused the word of God, ‘go to Nineveh’, and run away to Tarshish. And, he called out to God in the belly of the fish.

If he had been able to escape to Tarshish, he might have thought God allowed him to go there because it is our nature that we interpret as the work of God when things are done according to our will. In this sense, we can learn that the ship, the mariners, the storm and the fish were used to lead him to the cry. Such things are the tools of the work of God for salvation.

Therefore, there is nothing given to us with no reason, and all things occurring to us are tools to guide us to where we learn of the love and grace of God. Looking at us, not knowing such work of God, we come to repent like Job.

Thus, what we can conclude is that there is nothing He can not do and there is no plan He can not fulfill. Thinking of the fact that all events and incidents that happen to us are used to accomplish the will of God, believers are to be aware that they have never been a moment when they are out of God.

In Chapter 4 of the Book of Jonah, Jonah sits down in the shadow, looking to what would happen to the city, where he preached the Word of God. Then, God grows a gourd, making it a shadow over Jonah. When Jonah was pleased with the gourd, God took it away from him by a worm, destroying it, and brought him a scorching easy wind, afflicting him. We as well as Job are living, reacting to God of what is given like Jonah.

The things Job possessed at first hadn’t been his previously. Everyone is born with no possession. His health was not even his. Nevertheless, if something is given, it is grace, meaning one doesn’t deserve to get but it is given to one.

You must remember Job, saying in 1:21, “And said, Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither: the LORD gave, and the LORD hath taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD.” We tend to say it is of his faith, but what we forget is that he didn’t know he didn’t deserve what he had. This is faith in the relationship with God.

If one says, ‘the LORD gave, and the LORD hath taken away’, one hears of God, but if one knows oneself as a miserable and ignorant and doesn’t deserve anything to possess, one sees God. In order for Job to see God, He brought Job all those: the afflictions, the arguments with his friends, and so forth. This is what is revealed in our lives and the behind story!

List of Articles
번호 분류 제목 글쓴이 날짜 조회 수
608 욥기 (92강) 욥의 결말 신윤식 2019.02.16 4662
607 욥기 (91강) 욥에게 가서 신윤식 2019.02.09 799
» 욥기 (90강) 욥의 회개 신윤식 2019.02.02 1657
605 욥기 (89강) 다 내 것이니라 1 신윤식 2019.01.26 15815
604 욥기 (88강) 그리하면 신윤식 2019.01.19 767
603 욥기 (87강) 욥의 대답 신윤식 2019.01.12 1042
602 욥기 (86강) 하나님의 자유 신윤식 2019.01.05 830
601 욥기 (85강) 들나귀의 자유 신윤식 2018.12.29 989
600 욥기 (84강) 네가 아느냐 신윤식 2018.12.22 963
599 욥기 (83강) 네가 신윤식 2018.12.15 1998