Extra Form
성경본문 전 2:12-17

전 2:12-17http://onlycross.net/videos/ecc/ecc-021217.mp4

설교듣기(클릭하세요)

<본문>

12.내가 돌이켜 지혜와 망령됨과 어리석음을 보았나니 왕 뒤에 오는 자는 무슨 일을 행할까 이미 행한 지 오래 전의 일일 뿐이리라

13.내가 보니 지혜가 우매보다 뛰어남이 빛이 어둠보다 뛰어남 같도다

14.지혜자는 그의 눈이 그의 머리 속에 있고 우매자는 어둠 속에 다니지만 그들 모두가 당하는 일이 모두 같으리라는 것을 나도 깨달아 알았도다

15.내가 내 마음속으로 이르기를 우매자가 당한 것을 나도 당하리니 내게 지혜가 있었다 한들 내게 무슨 유익이 있으리요 하였도다 이에 내가 내 마음속으로 이르기를 이것도 헛되도다 하였도다

16.지혜자도 우매자와 함께 영원하도록 기억함을 얻지 못하나니 후일에는 모두 다 잊어버린 지 오랠 것임이라 오호라 지혜자의 죽음이 우매자의 죽음과 일반이로다

17.이러므로 내가 사는 것을 미워하였노니 이는 해 아래에서 하는 일이 내게 괴로움이요 모두 다 헛되어 바람을 잡으려는 것이기 때문이로다

<설교>

기독교인에게 있어서 가장 부질없는 일은 자신의 삶의 환경이 현재보다 좋아질 것을 기대하는 것이라고 말할 수 있습니다. 분명 우리가 현실을 살면서 경험하는 것은 하나님을 믿는다고 해서 삶의 환경이 더 좋아지는 것이 아니라는 것입니다.

그런데도 불구하고언젠가는 하나님이 나의 믿음을 보시고 소원을 들어주실 것이다라고 생각하는 것만큼 어리석고 부질없고 헛된 것은 없습니다. 인간은 항상 이런 우매와 착각으로 하나님을 찾습니다. 그리고 믿어도 소용없다는 불평을 합니다. 모든 것이 자기 생각대로 하나님을 믿었던 오류고 무지의 결과라는 것은 알지 못합니다. 그래서 자신의 믿음에 문제가 있거나 정성이 부족했기 때문이 아닌가라는 자책에 빠지기도 합니다.

전도자는 이러한 인간의 우매와 착각에 대해 지혜자도 우매자와 함께 영원하도록 기억함을 얻지 못하나니 후일에는 모두 다 잊어버린 지 오랠 것임이라 오호라 지혜자의 죽음이 우매자의 죽음과 일반이로다”(16)라는 말을 합니다.

지혜자와 우매자의 죽음이 다르지 않습니다. 지혜자는 건강하게 살만큼 살다가 편안하게 죽고 우매자는 고생하며 살다가 힘들게 죽는 것이 아닙니다. 그것은 인간이 제멋대로 세우고 기대하는 헛된 규칙일 뿐이지 하나님이 하시는 일과는 전혀 무관합니다. 어떤 환경에서 살다가 어떻게 죽는가가 믿음의 증거가 아니기 때문에 죽음은 모든 사람에게 일반일 뿐입니다.

병들고 집에 화재가 있고 다치고 고통 받는 것은 누구에게나 있을 수 있는 일입니다. 믿음이 조건이 되어 환경이 차별적으로 주어지지 않습니다. 불신자가 겪는 고통을 신자도 겪을 수 있고, 불신자는 평안한데 신자는 고통스러울 수 있습니다. 그것이 현실에서 확인할 수 있는 하나님의 일입니다.

따라서 하나님을 믿으면 복을 받고 평안의 삶을 살게 될 것으로 생각한다면 그것은 단지 기대한 대로 되지 않는 것으로 끝나는 문제가 아니라하나님을 하나님으로 알고 믿었느냐?’라는 중대한 문제가 됩니다. 결국 구원의 문제가 되는 것입니다.

13절을 보면 내가 보건대 지혜가 우매보다 뛰어남이 빛이 어두움보다 뛰어남 같도다라고 말합니다.

여기서 말하는 지혜는 흔히 생각하는 삶의 지혜가 아닙니다. 삶의 지혜는 어쨌든 세상에 있는 것이고 편안한 삶을 위해 만들어지는 인간의 아이디어일 뿐입니다. 하지만 전도자가 말하는 지혜는 하늘로부터 주어진 것입니다. 따라서 지혜와 우매가 본질적으로 다를 수밖에 없는 것은 우매는 본래 세상에 존재하는 속성이지만 지혜는 출처가 하늘이라는 것입니다.

이것을 고전 2:6절에서 그러나 우리가 온전한 자들 중에서는 지혜를 말하노니 이는 이 세상의 지혜가 아니요 또 이 세상에서 없어질 통치자들의 지혜도 아니요라고 말합니다. 세상에 존재하는 지혜가 아니라는 것입니다.

그리고 고전 2:7절에서 오직 은밀한 가운데 있는 하나님의 지혜를 말하는 것으로서 곧 감추어졌던 것인데 하나님이 우리의 영광을 위하여 만세 전에 미리 정하신 것이라고 말씀하는 것처럼 하나님의 지혜이며 감추어져 있는 비밀인 것입니다. 이처럼 감추어졌던 하늘의 지혜로 오신 분이 그리스도입니다.

그러면 세상이 우매하다는 것은 어떻게 드러났을까요? 지혜로 오신 그리스도를 알지 못하고 십자가에 못 박은 것입니다. 따라서 그리스도를 아는 것이 지혜자이고 알지 못한다면 우매자인 것입니다. 이것이 그리스도를 기준으로 구분되는 지혜와 우매입니다.

따라서 지혜자와 우매자의 기준은 분명 다를 수밖에 없습니다 그리스도를 아는 지혜자의 기준은 그리스도입니다. 인간의 잘됨과 못됨의 기준도 그리스도에게 둡니다. 즉 그리스도를 알게 된 것을 인생의 잘됨으로 보기 때문에 세상에서 잘 살고 못 사는 것으로 믿음의 여부를 판단하지 않는 것입니다.

하지만 우매자의 기준은 육신입니다. 육신이 잘 되는 것을 곧 인생의 성공으로 판단하기 때문에 예수 믿으면 복 받고 잘되는 것에 관심을 둡니다. 그것이 예수를 모르는 것이고 지옥에 해당되는 자로 드러나는 것입니다. 그래서 지혜자와 우매자의 다른 점은 그리스도 안에서 빛에 다니는지, 아니면 그리스도 밖에서 어두움에 다니는지에 있는 것이지 몸으로 살아가는 세상일에 있지 않습니다.

이런 문제를 14,15절에서 지혜자는 눈이 밝고 우매자는 어두움에 다니거니와 이들의 당하는 일이 일반인 줄을 내가 깨닫고 심중에 이르기를 우매자의 당한 것을 나도 당하리니 내가 어찌하여 지혜가 더하였던고 이에 내가 심중에 이르기를 이것도 헛되도다라고 말한 것입니다.

지혜자와 우매자는 분명 빛과 어둠으로 나눠지지만 당하는 일은 일반입니다. 신자와 불신자가 당하는 일이 일반이라는 것입니다. 때문에 믿는 자의 복을 말하고 세상에서 당하는 일에 차이를 두는 현대 기독교는 믿음에 대해 중대한 오류와 착각에 매몰되어 있다는 것을 알게 됩니다.

전도자는 우매자의 당한 것을 나도 당한다고 말합니다. 이것이 우리가 몸담고 있는 세상 현실입니다. 그렇다면 우매자가 당하는 것을 당하지 않기 위해 하나님을 찾는 것은 헛된 일일 수밖에 없습니다. 인간이 어떤 노력과 정성을 보인다 해도 하나님은 세상에서 당하는 일로 지혜자와 우매자의 차이를 드러내지 않기 때문입니다.

8:11절을 보면 예수를 죽은 자 가운데서 살리신 이의 영이 너희 안에 거하시면 그리스도 예수를 죽은 자 가운데서 살리신 이가 너희 안에 거하시는 그의 영으로 말미암아 너희 죽을 몸도 살리시리라고 말합니다.

죽을 몸도 살리는 것이 의의 능력입니다. 그리고 그리스도를 아는 지혜자는 이 의의 능력에 붙들려 있습니다. 때문에 신자에게 몸의 죽음은 관심사가 되지 못하는 것입니다. 지혜자의 죽음이 우매자의 죽음과 일반이라 해도 개의치 않는 것은 죽을 몸도 살리는 의의 능력 안에 있기 때문입니다.

사람들은 다른 사람이 당하는 일을 자신은 당하면 안된다고 생각합니다. 다른 사람은 질병으로 고통 중에 지내다가 죽는다 해도 자신은 건강하게 오래오래 살다가 편안하게 죽고 싶다고 합니다. 그래서 우매자가 당하는 것을 너도 당한다는 말을 달가워하지 않습니다. 우매자가 당하는 것을 당하지 않으려고 하나님을 찾고 있기 때문입니다. 하지만 전도자 그러한 믿음을 괴로움이요 헛되어 바람을 잡으려는 것으로 말할 뿐입니다(17). 믿음이 아니라는 것입니다.

우매자의 당한 것을 나는 당하기 싫다고 생각이 있다면 그 이유가 무엇인가도 생각해 보십시오. 우리가 우매자의 당한 것을 당하면 안되는 이유가 무엇입니까? 우리에게 우매자보다 편하고 잘살아야 하는 이유와 자격이 있습니까? 우리는 세상이 당하는 고통과 실패에서 벗어나고 싶어서 하나님의 사랑을 원하는 것이지 하나님의 사랑에 관심이 있는 것은 아닙니다. 이것만으로도 우리는 사랑 받을 자격이 없음을 알게 됩니다.

5:24절을 보면 내가 진실로 진실로 너희에게 이르노니 내 말을 듣고 또 나 보내신 이를 믿는 자는 영생을 얻었고 심판에 이르지 아니하나니 사망에서 생명으로 옮겼느니라고 말씀합니다.

하나님이 보내신 그리스도를 알게 되고 믿게 된 신자, 즉 지혜자는 그 운명이 사망에서 생명으로 옮겨졌습니다. 이것은 그리스도를 믿는다는 것만으로도 그 인생은 잘된 것임을 말해줍니다. 생명으로 옮겼다는 여기에 무엇을 더하면 더 나은 인생으로 평가될까요? 무엇을 더하건 빼건 예수 그리스도로 영생을 얻었다는 사실은 변하지 않기 때문에 여전히 잘 된 인생에 있는 것입니다. 돈이 없고 병으로 고생해도 예수 한 분 때문에 잘 된 인생으로 감사하게 되는 것이 지혜입니다.

우리는 그리스도의 은혜 안에서 삽니다. 살고 죽는 것은 우매자와 일반이고 우매자가 당하는 일을 겪으며 살아가지만 다른 것은 그리스도의 은혜 안에서 산다는 것입니다. 그리스도의 은혜는 우리를 죄 없는 자로 하나님께 나오게 하고 거룩한 백성이라는 놀라운 대접을 받게 합니다. 심판 아래 있는 세상의 운명을 생각하면 그것은 놀라운 복이며 기적입니다.

축복은 은혜 받을 자격이 없는 자에게 은혜가 베풀어진 것이고, 저주는 은혜 받을 자격이 없는 자를 그냥 그대로 버려두시는 것입니다. 그래서 신자는 그리스도의 은혜 안에 있다는 사실만으로도 감사하고 기뻐하는 것입니다.

Chapter 7

Wisdom and Folly

And I turned myself to behold wisdom, and madness, and folly: for what can the man do that cometh after the king? even that which hath been already done.

Then I saw that wisdom excelleth folly, as far as light excelleth darkness.

The wise man's eyes are in his head; but the fool walketh in darkness: and I myself perceived also that one event happeneth to them all.

Then said I in my heart, As it happeneth to the fool, so it happeneth even to me; and why was I then more wise? Then I said in my heart, that this also is vanity.

For there is no remembrance of the wise more than of the fool for ever; seeing that which now is in the days to come shall all be forgotten. And how dieth the wise man? as the fool.

Therefore I hated life; because the work that is wrought under the sun is grievous unto me: for all is vanity and vexation of spirit. (Ecclesiastes 2:12-17 KJV)

(Sermon)

The most useless thing for christians to do is to expect their life to be better on earth. One thing for sure to experience in the world is there is nothing better in our environments and situations by believing in God.

Nevertheless, it is silly and vain to think, ‘God will someday hear my prayer of wishes seeing my faith.’ Men always seek for God in foolishness and misconceptions, and then complain, saying, ‘there is no use of believing in God’, not knowing all is the result of their ignorance and misunderstandings of believing in God. That’s why they blame themselves for lack of their devotion and problem of faith.

To such, the Preacher says in Verse 16, “For there is no remembrance of the wise more than of the fool for ever; seeing that which now is in the days to come shall all be forgotten. And how dieth the wise man? as the fool.”

There is no difference of death between the wise and the fool. It is not that the wise die after living happily and healthily, and the fool die after living in pain and hardships. Such is men’s own non-sensical principles and anticipations, having nothing to do with the work of God. Since how to have lived is not the evidence of faith, death is equal to all.

Illness and fire at home could happen to anyone. There is no given environment according to the condition of faith. Believers may experience the same difficulties that unbelievers do, and unbelievers may have peace in mind, but believers don’t. This is the work of God we can see in our daily lives.

Thus, if one thinks one will receive a peaceful life and earthly blessings by believing in God, it is not that one will not have such life but it is a significant matter for one to be asked if one has believed in God as the true God. That is the matter of salvation.

In Verse 13, it says, “Then I saw that wisdom excelleth folly, as far as light excelleth darkness.”

The wisdom in the verse is not the wisdom of life that we think it is. The latter is in the world, for making our better life, of man’s idea. Yet, the wisdom the Preacher says here is from above. Thus, the radical difference between the wisdom and the folly is that the wisdom belongs to heaven whereas the folly is of the world.

It is depicted in 1st Corinthians 2:6, “Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought.”

Furthermore, as the next verse, 1st Corinthians 2:7, says, “But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory”, it is the wisdom of God in a mystery. It is Christ, who came to the world as the wisdom of God in a mystery.

Then, how was the folly of the world revealed? That is to crucify Him on the cross, not recognizing Him as the Messiah. Therefore, to know Christ is the wise and to know not Him is the folly. It is the wisdom and folly, divided by Christ.

Thus, the wise’s criteria and that of the folly can’t be the same. The criteria of those who know Christ is Christ, putting happy and unhappy things on Christ. That is, as happiness is to know Christ, they don’t judge faith by things of the world.

Yet, the criteria of the folly is of flesh. If fleshly things go well, they think it is a successful life, making them focus on prosperity of earthly things by believing in Jesus. That is the ignorance of Jesus Christ and proof of sons of perdition. That’s why we can’t see the difference between the wise and the folly in the things of the world but whether one walks in the light of Christ or in the darkness out of Christ

Such matter is written in Verses 14 and 15, “The wise man's eyes are in his head; but the fool walketh in darkness: and I myself perceived also that one event happeneth to them all. Then said I in my heart, As it happeneth to the fool, so it happeneth even to me; and why was I then more wise? Then I said in my heart, that this also is vanity.”

Although it is true that the wise and the folly are divided by the light and darkness, what they both experience is the same. In other words, believers and unbelievers receive the same things in the world. Thus, we can learn that the modern Christianity is seriously mistaken in misunderstandings of faith, talking about earthly blessings in degrees according to conditions of faith.

The Preacher says that he also experiences what happens to the folly. This is the reality we live in the world. If so, it is all vain if we seek God for not having what the folly have. It is because God never differentiates the wise and the folly by things in the world no matter what we do.

In Romans 8:11, it says, “But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.”

It is the power of the righteousness to quicken the mortal bodies, and the wise, who know Christ, are help in such power. Thus, believers have no interest in death. Even though there is no difference in death between the wise and the folly, the wise don’t care about death because they are in the power that quickens their mortal bodies.

People often think they shouldn’t have bad things others experience. Even if others die after long suffering from diseases, they wish to die peacefully after a long healthy life. That’s why they are displeased when hearing, ‘you may have the same thing the folly have.’ It is because they seek God for not getting what the folly get. Yet, the Preacher tells us of such faith in Verse 17, “Therefore I hated life; because the work that is wrought under the sun is grievous unto me: for all is vanity and vexation of spirit”, meaning it is not faith.

If you don’t want to have what the folly experience, think of the reason why. What is the reason you shouldn’t experience what the folly do. Do we even deserve it? We would want the love of God because we would avoid pain or loss, not because we are interested in it, meaning we don’t deserve the love of God.

In John 5:24, it says, “Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.”

Believers, who have come to believe in Christ, sent by God, that is, the wise, have the change of their destiny from death unto life. That means believing in Christ itself is enough and nothing lacking in life. If something were added to the changed destiny, would it be better? Whatever happens to the destiny, better or worse, since having everlasting life by Jesus Christ is never changed, it still is a happy life. It is a wisdom that one gives thanksgiving for Christ even if one is poor and suffering.

We live in the grace of Christ. Even though life and death are the same between the wise and folly and they both experience the same in life, the difference is to live in Christ. The grace of Christ makes us treated sinless as the holy people of God. Thinking that the world is under the judgement of God, such is marvelous blessing and miracle.

The blessing is to give the grace of God to those who don’t deserve it and the curse is to let them be as they are. That’s why believers can be thankful and rejoice only even for the fact that they are in the grace of Christ!