설교듣기(클릭하세요)

<본문>

10.나는 성벽이요 내 유방은 망대 같으니 그러므로 나는 그가 보기에 화평을 얻은 자 같구나

11.솔로몬이 바알하몬에 포도원이 있어 지키는 자들에게 맡겨 두고 그들로 각기 그 열매로 말미암아 은 천을 바치게 하였구나

12.솔로몬 너는 천을 얻겠고 열매를 지키는 자도 이백을 얻으려니와 내게 속한 내 포도원은 내 앞에 있구나

13.너 동산에 거주하는 자야 친구들이 네 소리에 귀를 기울이니 내가 듣게 하려무나

14.내 사랑하는 자야 너는 빨리 달리라 향기로운 산 위에 있는 노루와도 같고 어린 사슴과도 같아라

<설교>

아가서가 사랑의 노래라고 하지만 정작 아가서를 읽으면 사랑으로 인한 감동은 멀어지고 대신 혼란을 느끼게 됩니다. 우리가 예상하는 사랑의 노래와는 전혀 다르기 때문입니다. 그런데 그것이 성경의 특징입니다. 성경이 이야기하는 모든 것은, 그것이 사랑이든 은혜이든 세상에서 만나지 못하고 경험하지 못한 새롭고 다른 것이기 때문입니다. 그래서 아가서의 사랑 이야기도 낯설고 생소하게 느껴질 수밖에 없습니다.

아가서는내 사랑하는 자야 너는 빨리 달리라 향기로운 산 위에 있는 노루와도 같고 어린 사슴과도 같아라”(14)라는 여자의 노래로 끝납니다. 노루처럼 어린 사슴처럼 자신에게로 빨리 달려와 달라는 것입니다.

나에게로 달려와 달라는 것은 사랑하는 자를 만나지 못하고 함께 하지 못하고 있음을 의미합니다. 멀리 떨어져 있어서 함께 하지 못한 그리움을 빨리 달리라는 말로 표현하는 것입니다. 이상한 것은 2:8절의내 사랑하는 자의 목소리로구나 보라 그가 산에서 달리고 작은 산을 빨리 넘어오는구나라는 말에서도 사랑하는 자를 만나고자 하는 그리움을 표현하는데 결국 만나지 못하고 함께 하지 못한 상태로 아가서가 끝나는 것입니다.

우리가 보편적으로 예상하는 사랑은 처음에는 헤어진 상태에서 서로 그리워하다가 마지막에 만나고 함께 하여 행복을 누리는 것입니다. 이것이 우리가 흔히 대하는 영화나 드라마의 마지막 장면입니다. 그런데 아가서의 사랑은 무엇을 보여주고 있기에 만나지 못하고너는 빨리 달리라는 그리움의 말로 끝나는 것일까요?

저는 그 답을이것들을 증언하신 이가 이르시되 내가 진실로 속히 오리라 하시거늘 아멘 주 예수여 오시옵소서 주 예수의 은혜가 모든 자들에게 있을지어다 아멘”(22:20-21)라는 성경의 마지막 구절에서 찾고자 합니다.

주 예수여 오시옵소서라는 말에는 신랑을 그리워하는 신부의 심정이 담겨 있습니다. 이것이 술람미 여인이 사랑하는 자 솔로몬을 그리워하며너는 빨리 달리라라고 말하는 심정과 다르지 않습니다. 그렇게 보면 아가서는 예수님의 사랑을 받고 그 사랑을 알게 된 그리스도의 신부로 사는 삶에 대해 이야기한다고 할 수 있습니다.

신자는 그리스도의 사랑을 받았습니다. 사랑의 혜택으로 죄인인데도 모든 죄가 가려지고 거룩한 자로 주의 처소에서 영원히 주와 함께 할 신부의 위치에 있습니다. 이처럼 주의 사랑은 우리의 외적인 조건과 자질을 고려하지 않고 주의 신부로 택함 받은 모든 사람에게 베풀어졌습니다. 그래서 사랑을 알게 된 신자는 사랑을 그리워하며 사랑의 존귀함을 나타내는 자로 살게 되는 것입니다.

따라서 신자는 자기의 외적 문제로 인해 신자 됨의 자격이나 사랑을 확인하지 않아도 됩니다. 세상일로 어려움을 겪고 실패하는 것이 있다 해도 그것으로 사랑의 여부를 확인할 필요가 없다는 것입니다. 우리에게 오신 사랑은 삶의 편안함과 소유로 확인되는 것이 아니기 때문입니다.

1:4절에 보면왕이 나를 그의 방으로 이끌어 들이시니 너는 나를 인도하라 우리가 너를 따라 달려가리라 우리가 너로 말미암아 기뻐하며 즐거워하니 네 사랑이 포도주보다 더 진함이라 처녀들이 너를 사랑함이 마땅하니라라고 말합니다.

왕의 처소는 외적인 아름다움이나 소유로 살 수 없습니다. 오로지 왕이 인도하는 것만이 왕의 처소에서 왕과 함께 할 수 있는 유일한 통로입니다. 그런데 외적인 아름다움이나 조건이 아니라 순전히 왕의 일방적인 사랑에 의해 인도되는 것이기 때문에 사랑 앞에서 우리가 내세울 것은 없습니다. 사랑 자체가 부족함이 없는 충만이기에 사랑을 받은 신자 역시 자신을 채워야 할 것이 없는 것입니다.

지난 시간에 말씀드린 것처럼 여인의 오빠들이 여인의 외모를 보면서우리에게 있는 작은 누이는 아직도 유방이 없구나 그가 청혼을 받는 날에는 우리가 그를 위하여 무엇을 할까”(8)라고 말하는 것은 사랑을 알지 못한 자들의 사고방식입니다. 유방이 없다고 할 정도로 여인으로서 매력적인 모습이 없는 누이를 작은누이로 부르면서 무시하는 것입니다.

이런 누이를 자신들이 지켜주고 보호하겠다는 의미로 9절의 말을 하지만 여인은나는 성벽이요 내 유방은 망대 같으니 그러므로 나는 그가 보기에 화평을 얻은 자 같구나”(10)라고 답합니다.

여인이 성벽이라 해도 다른 사람의 보호를 받을 이유가 없습니다. 왜냐하면 사랑하는 자와 화평의 관계에 있기 때문입니다. 사랑하는 자에게는 부족함이 없는 신부이고 그 사랑은 변하지 않는 것이기에 사랑 아래 있는 것이 가장 안전한 것입니다. 그래서 사랑을 알게 되면 자신의 부족함을 따지며 쓸데없는 불안과 염려에 매이지 않게 되는 것입니다.

11,12절을 보면솔로몬이 바알하몬에 포도원이 있어 지키는 자들에게 맡겨 두고 그들로 각기 그 열매로 말미암아 은 천을 바치게 하였구나 솔로몬 너는 천을 얻겠고 열매를 지키는 자도 이백을 얻으려니와 내게 속한 내 포도원은 내 앞에 있구나라고 말합니다.

솔로몬이 포도원을 지키는 자들에게 맡기고 은 천을 바치게 한 것은 계약관계를 의미합니다. 솔로몬의 포도원에서 농사한 사람들은 계약에 따라 은 천을 바치는 것입니다. 여기에는 사랑과 은혜의 의미가 없습니다. 포도원에서 열심히 일해서 계약한 대로 은 천을 바쳤기에 자기 의무를 다한 것입니다. 그리고 바치고 남은 것을 내 것으로 주장하게 됩니다. 이것이 사랑이 아니라 계약관계의 모습입니다. 바쳤으니 나의 의무는 다했다는 식입니다.

여인에게도 포도원이 있습니다. 그런데 여인이 솔로몬의 사랑을 받고 있음을 생각하면 은 천을 바치지 않아도 됩니다. 그런데도 솔로몬이 천을 얻는다는 것은 사랑의 관계에서의 자발적 행동임을 의미한다고 할 수 있습니다. 다시 말해서 신랑과 신부, 예수님과 신자는 계약이 아닌 사랑의 관계에 있는 것입니다. 우리가 신자로서 할 도리를 해야 은혜를 베푸시는 것이 아니라 이미 신랑의 사랑과 은혜 아래 있는 신부로 모든 일을 행하게 되는 것입니다.

사랑을 사모하는 자에게는 사랑이 전부입니다. 사랑을 알기에너는 빨리 달리라라는 말로 사랑에 대한 그리움을 나타냅니다. 아가서가 이처럼 사랑인 신랑을 그리워하는 심정을 드러내는 말로 끝나는 것은 지금의 신자가 그처럼 신랑의 사랑을 그리워하고 기다리는 자이기 때문입니다.

그렇게 보면 아가서의 마지막은 요한계시록의 마지막과 절묘하게 만난다고 할 수 있습니다. 십자가에서 우리를 위하여 대신 죽으신 주의 사랑을 만나고 그 사랑이 함께 하는 주의 나라를 그리워하고 사모하면서주 예수여 오시옵소서라고 노래하는 자로 세상에 존재하는 것이 신자임을 아가서가 증거합니다.

Chapter 26

Make Haste

I am a wall, and my breasts like towers: then was I in his eyes as one that found favour.

Solomon had a vineyard at Baalhamon; he let out the vineyard unto keepers; every one for the fruit thereof was to bring a thousand pieces of silver.

My vineyard, which is mine, is before me: thou, O Solomon, must have a thousand, and those that keep the fruit thereof two hundred.

Thou that dwellest in the gardens, the companions hearken to thy voice: cause me to hear it.

Make haste, my beloved, and be thou like to a roe or to a young hart upon the mountains of spices. (Song of Songs 8:10-14 KJV)

(Sermon)

It is said that the Song of Songs is a song of love, but when you read the Song of Songs, the emotion of love fades away and you feel confused instead because it is completely different from the love song we expect. But that is the characteristic of the Bible. It is because everything the Bible talks about, whether it is love or grace, is something new and different that we have never met or experienced in the world. So, the love story of the Song of Songs is bound to feel unfamiliar and strange.

The Song of Songs ends with the woman's song, “Make haste, my beloved, and be thou like to a roe or to a young hart upon the mountains of spices.” (Verse 14). She wants the lover to run to her as fast as a deer and as young as a roe deer.

If she asks him to run to her, it means that she is unable to meet the person she loves and not be with him. It is to express the longing for being together because they are far away with the words, ‘run quickly.’ The strange thing is that in 2:8, “The voice of my beloved! behold, he cometh leaping upon the mountains, skipping upon the hills.” It also expresses the longing to meet the one she loves. Song of Songs ends the story with them not being together.

The universal expectation of love is that at first parting, missing each other, and finally meeting and being together and enjoying happiness. This is the last scene in a movie or TV show we often see. Yet, what does the Song of Songs' love show, so that they can't meet and end with the words of longing, 'You must run fast'?

I want to find the answer in the last verses of the Bible in Revelation 22:20-21, “He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.”

The words ‘Come, Lord Jesus’ contain the feelings of the bride who misses the groom. This is not unlike the feeling of the Shulammite woman, missing her beloved Solomon, saying, 'Come quickly.' In that way, the Song of Songs can be said to be the story of living as a bride of Christ who received the love of Jesus and came to know that love.

Believers are loved by Christ. By the grace of love, even though we are sinners, all our sins are covered, and as a holy person, we are in the position of the bride who will be with the Lord forever in the Lord's dwelling place. In this way, the love of the Lord was bestowed upon all those who were chosen to be the bride of the Lord, regardless of our external conditions and qualities. So, the believer who has come to know love misses love and lives as a person who shows the dignity of love.

Therefore, a believer does not have to confirm his or her qualifications or love for being a believer because of his or her external problems. Even if there are difficulties and failures in the world, there is no need to check whether it is love or not because the love that has come to us is not confirmed by the comfort and possession of life.

Song of Songs 1:4 says, “Draw me, we will run after thee: the king hath brought me into his chambers: we will be glad and rejoice in thee, we will remember thy love more than wine: the upright love thee.”

A king's dwelling cannot be bought by outward beauty or possessions. Only the king's guidance is the way to be with the king in the king's residence. However, since it is guided by the one-sided love of the king, not by external beauty or conditions, we have nothing to offer in front of love. Since love itself is a fullness that has no lack, the believer who has been loved also has nothing to fill him or herself with.

As I said last time, when the woman's brothers look at a woman's appearance and say, "Our little sister is still without breasts; what shall we do for her on the day she receives her proposal?" (Verse 8), it is the mindset of those who don't know love. They are ignoring the sister who doesn't have an attractive appearance as a woman enough to say she has no breasts, calling her a little sister.

Verse 9 says that they will protect their sister, but the woman replies in 10, “I am a wall, and my breasts like towers: then was I in his eyes as one that found favour.”

Even if the woman is a walled woman, she has no reason to be protected by anyone because she is in a relationship of peace with the one she loves. She is the perfect bride for the one she loves, and her love is unchanging, so being under love is the safest thing. Thus, when you know the love of Christ, you will not judge your own shortcomings or be caught up in needless anxiety and worry.

In Verses 11 and 12, it says, “Solomon had a vineyard at Baalhamon; he let out the vineyard unto keepers; every one for the fruit thereof was to bring a thousand pieces of silver. My vineyard, which is mine, is before me: thou, O Solomon, must have a thousand, and those that keep the fruit thereof two hundred.”

Solomon entrusted it to the keepers of the vineyard and had them offer up a thousand pieces of silver to signify a covenant relationship. Those who worked in Solomon's vineyard were to offer up a thousand pieces of silver according to the covenant. There is no meaning of love and grace here. They worked hard in the vineyard and offered up a thousand pieces of silver as promised, so they fulfilled their duty. And they will claim what they have left as their own. This is not love, but a contractual relationship. It means that their duty has been fulfilled.

The woman also has a vineyard. Yet, if the woman considers that she is loved by Solomon, then she does not have to offer a thousand pieces of silver. Nevertheless, it can be said that Solomon's acquisition of a thousand means that it is a voluntary act in a love relationship. In other words, the bridegroom and the bride, Jesus and the believer are in a relationship of love, not a contract. We don't give grace when we do our duty as believers, but we do everything as a bride who is already under the love and grace of the groom.

For those who long for love, love is everything because they know love, they express their longing for love by saying, ‘You must make haste.’ The reason why the Song of Songs ends with words expressing the feelings of longing for the bridegroom who is love is because today's believers are those who miss and wait for the bridegroom's love like this.

In that way, it can be said that the end of the Song of Songs meets the end of the book of Revelation exquisitely. The Song of Songs testifies that believers exist in the world as those who have met the love of the Lord, who died for us on the cross, and sing, “Come, Lord Jesus,” while looking forward to and longing for the Lord’s kingdom where that love is shared!

List of Articles
번호 성경본문 제목 글쓴이 날짜 조회 수
공지 설교 원고는 없습니다 신윤식 2022.01.01 933
공지 암, 옵, 욘 성경강해 방으로 옮겼습니다. 신윤식 2011.02.28 7254
공지 이전 홈페이지 수요일설교 들어가기 은석교회 2010.01.01 39849
195 잠 3:27-35 (12강) 이웃 신윤식 2022.01.08 470
194 잠 3:19-26 (11강) 징계와 평안 신윤식 2022.01.01 569
193 잠 3:11-18 (10강) 여호와의 징계 신윤식 2021.12.25 799
192 잠 3:1-10 (9강) 그리하면 신윤식 2021.12.18 652
191 잠 2:16-22 (8강) 지혜의 구원 신윤식 2021.12.11 525
190 잠 2:10-15 (7강) 구부러진 길 신윤식 2021.12.04 1922
189 잠 2:1-9 (6강) 성도들의 길 신윤식 2021.11.27 915