20.지혜가 길거리에서 부르며 광장에서 소리를 높이며

21.시끄러운 길목에서 소리를 지르며 성문 어귀와 성중에서 그 소리를 발하여 이르되

22.너희 어리석은 자들은 어리석음을 좋아하며 거만한 자들은 거만을 기뻐하며 미련한 자들은 지식을 미워하니 어느 때까지 하겠느냐

23.나의 책망을 듣고 돌이키라 보라 내가 나의 영을 너희에게 부어 주며 내 말을 너희에게 보이리라

24.내가 불렀으나 너희가 듣기 싫어하였고 내가 손을 폈으나 돌아보는 자가 없었고

25.도리어 나의 모든 교훈을 멸시하며 나의 책망을 받지 아니하였은즉

26.너희가 재앙을 만날 때에 내가 웃을 것이며 너희에게 두려움이 임할 때에 내가 비웃으리라

<설교>

인간은 자기 생존에 연관된 일에만 관심을 둡니다. 자신에게 필요하고 득이 되는 것에 가치를 두고 그것을 얻기 위해 힘을 씁니다. 그런 점에서 보면 본문에 등장하는 지혜는 사람의 관심을 끌기에는 참으로 불충분합니다. 잠언이 말하는 지혜는 세상을 살면서 겪는 많은 문제를 해결하고 헤쳐나갈 방도를 생각해내는 능력의 의미로 말하지 않기 때문입니다.

8장에 보면 지혜를 하나님이 인간을 지으시기 전 태초에 이미 존재한 것으로 말합니다. 따라서 인간에게서 나오는 지혜가 아닙니다. 그리고지혜가 길거리에서 부르며 광장에서 소리를 높이며”(20)라고 말하는 것을 보면 지혜를 인격화하여 표현하고 있음을 알 수 있습니다. 이처럼 세상이 창조되기 전에 하나님과 함께 있었고 인격화하여 표현될 존재는 예수 그리스도뿐입니다. 그렇다면지혜는 예수 그리스도다라는 결론이 됩니다.

그런데 본문 24,25절을 보면내가 불렀으나 너희가 듣기 싫어하였고 내가 손을 폈으나 돌아보는 자가 없었고 도리어 나의 모든 교훈을 멸시하며 나의 책망을 받지 아니하였은즉라고 말합니다.

지혜가 예수님이라면 본문은 예수님이 나를 불렀으나 듣기를 싫어하고, 예수님이 나에게 손을 폈으나 돌아보지 않고 도리어 예수님의 모든 교훈을 멸시하고 책망도 받아들이지 않았다는 뜻이 됩니다. 그렇다면 여러분은 자신을 그런 자로 인정하십니까? 인정하기가 쉽지 않습니다. 설령 인정한다 해도 과거에 믿음이 부족하고 약할 때의 일이지 지금은 예수님의 부름에 응답하고 교훈을 멸시하지 않고 책망을 잘 받고 있다고 생각할지도 모릅니다. 하지만 그것이 자신을 알지 못한 어리석음이고 무지입니다.

우리는 지혜를 지혜로 알아볼 눈이 없습니다. 지혜를 알아본다는 것은 지혜의 가치를 알게 된 것을 말하는데, 알다시피 지혜는 우리의 감각으로 알 수 있는 것이 아닙니다. 보이지 않고 말씀드린 것처럼 세상을 살아가는 데 도움 되는 것이 아닙니다. 세상에 오신 예수님이 그러했습니다. 세상이 추구하는 육신의 생존에 도움 되는 예수님이 아니었습니다. 그래서 예수님의 부르심을 듣기 싫어하고 교훈을 멸시하고 책망도 받지 않으며 십자가에 못 박아 죽인 것입니다.

지혜를 지혜로 알아보지 못한 것은너희 어리석은 자들은 어리석음을 좋아하며 거만한 자들은 거만을 기뻐하며 미련한 자들은 지식을 미워하니 어느 때까지 하겠느냐”(22)라는 내용처럼 우리는 지혜가 아니라 어리석음을 좋아하고 지혜를 기뻐하는 것이 아니라 거만을 기뻐하는 특성을 가진 존재이기 때문입니다.

그렇다면 생각해 보십시오. 지혜가 우리를 부를 때지혜로운 자들아’‘겸손한 자들아라고 부르겠습니까? 본래 어리석음을 좋아하는 어리석은 자를 향해서는어리석은 자들아라고 부르는 것이 당연합니다. 이것이 지혜가 우리를 부르는 방식입니다. 지혜이신 예수님이 자칭 하나님의 백성으로 자부하고 믿음의 실력자로 자처하는 유대 사람들을 어떻게 불렀는가를 생각해 보십시오.

3:7절을 보면요한이 많은 바리새인들과 사두개인들이 세례 베푸는 데로 오는 것을 보고 이르되 독사의 자식들아 누가 너희를 가르쳐 임박한 진노를 피하라 하더냐라고 말합니다.

믿음의 선생으로 자부하는 사람들을 하나님의 진노를 피할 수 없는 심판의 자식, 독사의 자식으로 부른 것입니다. 누가 이런 부름을 듣고 기쁨으로라고 답할 수 있을까요? 누구라도 듣기를 싫어하고 돌아보지도 않으며 책망도 받지 않을 것입니다. 왜냐하면 우리는 어리석음을 좋아하고 거만을 기뻐하며 지식을 미워하는 자들이기 때문입니다.

만약 교회가 예수님이 사람을 부르는 것처럼 부르면 어떻게 될까요? 기분이 상해서 교회를 떠나는 이들이 많을 것입니다. 전도할 때도 되도록 상대방의 호감을 사야 한다는 생각으로 친절을 베풀기에 예수님처럼독사의 자식들아라고 부르지 못합니다. 그렇다면 이러한 우리가 좋아하는 것은 무엇이고 싫어하는 것은 또 무엇이라고 할 수 있을까요? 예수를 좋아한다고 하겠지만 실제로는 예수를 좋아하는 것이 아니라 교회를 좋아합니다. 그래서 십자가의 도를 전하는 전도가 아니라 교회 성장에 도움이 될 전도를 좋아하는 것입니다.

고전 1:21절에 보면하나님의 지혜에 있어서는 이 세상이 자기 지혜로 하나님을 알지 못하므로 하나님께서 전도의 미련한 것으로 믿는 자들을 구원하시기를 기뻐하셨도다라고 말합니다.

세상이 자기 지혜로 하나님을 알지 못한다면 세상 지혜는 지혜가 아니라 어리석음이라고 해야 합니다. 그래서 하나님의 진노로 심판받을 독사의 자식으로 부르는 전도를 듣고 자신을 부르는 하나님께 돌이킬 자는 없습니다. 자신을 어리석은 자로, 독사의 자식으로 부르는 소리를 듣고 자신을 어리석은 독사의 자식으로 간주하고 돌이킬 자는 없는 것입니다. 그래서 하나님의 전도를 미련한 것으로 말합니다.

23절을 보면나의 책망을 듣고 돌이키라 보라 내가 나의 영을 너희에게 부어 주며 내 말을 너희에게 보이리라라고 말합니다.

지혜의 영이 등장해야 하는 이유는 무엇일까요? 그 이유는 간단합니다. 지혜의 책망을 듣고 스스로 지혜로 돌이킬 자는 없기 때문입니다. 지혜로 돌이킨다는 것은 자신을 어리석고 미련하고 거만한 자로 여긴다는 뜻입니다. 이것이 지혜가 영을 부어 주는 이유입니다. 지혜의 영을 받아서 어리석음을 싫어하고 지혜를 좋아하는 인간으로 바꾸는 것이 아니라 어리석고 거만하고 미련한 것이 자신의 본래 인간 됨이라는 것에 눈을 뜨게 하는 것입니다.

자신의 인간 됨에 눈을 뜬다면 지혜가 어리석은 자로 부르든 독사의 자식으로 부르든 듣기 싫어하는 것이 아니라 그것이 자신에게 어울리는 소리로 듣게 된 것을 감사할 것입니다. 이것이 지혜의 영을 받아 지혜의 간섭을 받는 증거입니다. 지혜가 나에게서 일하신다는 것이 이런 방식으로 나타나게 되는 것입니다.

지혜는 우리를 어리석고 거만하고 미련하다는 하나의 자리로 모읍니다. 목사와 평신도 상관없이 이것이 우리의 자리입니다. 이 자리에서 지혜로 오신 예수 그리스도의 십자가의 피로 의롭다 함을 얻어 십자가만 자랑하게 되는 것이 교회입니다. 죄에서 의에도 차별이 없는 자리에서 예수 그리스도만 높이게 하신 것입니다. 이것이 지혜의 영을 부어 주신 이유입니다.

1:8절에오직 성령이 너희에게 임하시면 너희가 권능을 받고 예루살렘과 온 유대와 사마리아와 땅 끝까지 이르러 내 증인이 되리라 하시니라라고 말씀합니다.

예루살렘, 유대, 사마리아는 자기들 기준에 따라 스스로 의로운 자로 여겼습니다. 이들에게 예수님의 증인, 십자가의 증인이 되는 것은 저주라는 본래 자리에서 십자가의 피가 의롭게 하셨음을 믿는 믿음에 있는 것입니다. 이것이 지혜 있는 자의 행함입니다.

Chapter 4

Wisdom Called And Yet

Wisdom crieth without; she uttereth her voice in the streets:

She crieth in the chief place of concourse, in the openings of the gates: in the city she uttereth her words, saying,

How long, ye simple ones, will ye love simplicity? and the scorners delight in their scorning, and fools hate knowledge?

Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you.

Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded;

But ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof:

I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh. (Proverbs 1:20-26 KJV)

(Sermon)

We are only interested in things related to our own survival. We value what we need and benefit us and use our strength to get it. From that point of view, the wisdom presented in the passage is truly insufficient to attract people's attention because the wisdom of Proverbs does not mean the ability to come up with ways to solve and navigate the many problems of life.

In Proverbs 8, wisdom is said to have existed in the beginning, before God created man. Therefore, it is not wisdom that comes from humans. And when it is said, “Wisdom calls in the streets, and raises its voice in the squares” (verse 20), we can see that wisdom is personified. In this way, Jesus Christ is the only being who existed with God before the world was created and is personified and expressed. Then, the conclusion is that ‘wisdom is Jesus Christ’.

But in verses 24 and 25, it says, “Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded; But ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof.”

If wisdom is Jesus, the passage means that Jesus called us, but we did not want to hear, and Jesus stretched out His hands to us but we did not look back, but instead despised all the teachings of Jesus and did not accept any rebuke. If so, do you recognize yourselves as such? It's not easy to admit. Even if you admit it, you might think that it is in the past, when you lacked faith and were weak, but now you are answering the call of Jesus, do not despise the teaching, and are well rebuked. But that is the folly and ignorance of not knowing yourselves.

We do not have eyes to recognize wisdom as wisdom. Recognizing wisdom means knowing the value of wisdom. As you know, wisdom is not something we can know with our senses. It is not invisible and as I said, it is not helpful to live in the world. That is how Jesus came into the world. He was not the one who helped the world seek worldly prosperity. That is why the world did not like to hear the call of Jesus, despised His instruction, was not reproached, and crucified Him to death.

We do not recognize wisdom as wisdom, as it says, “How long, ye simple ones, will ye love simplicity? and the scorners delight in their scorning, and fools hate knowledge?” (verse 22). It is because he is a being with the characteristic of being proud of arrogance, not liking wisdom.

If so, think about it. When wisdom calls us, will it call us ‘wise men’ or ‘humble ones’? Naturally, it is natural to call the foolish ones who love foolishness, “you fools.” This is how wisdom calls us. Think about how Jesus, who is wisdom, called the Jews who were self-proclaimed as the people of God and who claimed to be powerful men of faith.

Matthew 3:7 says, “But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?”

Those who are proud to be teachers of faith are called children of judgment, the children of vipers, who cannot avoid God's wrath. Who can hear a call like this and say yes with joy? No one will love to hear, neither look back nor be reproached since we love foolishness, rejoice in arrogance, and hate knowledge.

What if the church is called as Jesus calls them? Many people will leave the church because they are offended. Even when evangelizing, we cannot call ourselves “children of vipers,” like Jesus, because we show kindness with the thought that we need to win the favor of others as much as possible. So, what do we like and what do we dislike? We say we love Jesus, but in reality we don't like Jesus but the church. That's why we like evangelism that will help the growth of the church, not preaching that spreads the message of the cross.

In 1 Corinthians 1:21 it says, “For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.”

If the world does not know God by its own wisdom, then it should be said that the wisdom of the world is not wisdom but foolishness. Therefore, there is no one who will hear the gospel while being called as the offspring of vipers who will be judged by God's wrath and turn to God who calls them. There is no one who hears that he is called a fool, a child of a viper, and regards himself as a child of a foolish viper, and turns away. That is why they say that God's preaching is called foolishness in the verse.

Verse 23 says, “Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you.”

Why should the Spirit of Wisdom appear? The reason is simple. It is because there is no one who hears the rebuke of wisdom and turns to wisdom. To turn to wisdom means to consider yourself foolish, folly, and arrogant. This is why wisdom pours out the Spirit. It is not to receive the spirit of wisdom and change it into a person who hates foolishness and loves wisdom, but opens our eyes to the fact that being foolish, arrogant, and folly is our original human nature.

If you open your eyes to your own nature, whether wisdom calls you a fool or the offspring of a viper, you will not hate to hear it, but you will be grateful to hear it in a sound that suits you. This is the evidence of receiving the Spirit of Wisdom and being influenced by it. It is in this way that wisdom is at work in us.

Wisdom brings us together in one place: folly, arrogance, and foolishness. Whether you are a pastor or a layperson, this is our place. The church is justified by the blood of Jesus Christ, who came through wisdom from this place, and is proud of the cross and the cross only. In a place where there is no discrimination in sin or righteousness, only Jesus Christ is exalted. This is why the Spirit of Wisdom was poured out.

Acts 1:8 says, “But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.”

Jerusalem, Judea, and Samaria considered themselves righteous by their own standards. To them, being a witness of Jesus and a witness of the cross is based on believing that the blood of the cross justifies in the original place of the curse. This is what the wise do!

List of Articles
번호 성경본문 제목 글쓴이 날짜 조회 수
공지 설교 원고는 없습니다 신윤식 2022.01.01 933
공지 암, 옵, 욘 성경강해 방으로 옮겼습니다. 신윤식 2011.02.28 7254
공지 이전 홈페이지 수요일설교 들어가기 은석교회 2010.01.01 39848
294 아 4:7-11 (13강) 흠이 없구나 신윤식 2021.06.26 39319
293 출 36:8-13 (150강) 성막을 만들다 신윤식 2020.10.10 28116
292 아 5:9-16 (17강) 내 사랑하는 자는 신윤식 2021.07.24 25788
291 출 33:1-6 (135강) 장신구를 떼어 내라 신윤식 2020.06.06 24504
290 출 33:17-23 (138강) 내가 하리니 신윤식 2020.06.27 13922
289 출 34:18-20 (142강) 무교절의 의미 신윤식 2020.07.25 12441
288 출 33:7-11 (136강) 회막 신윤식 2020.06.13 5433