<본문>

12.왕이 침상에 앉았을 때에 나의 나도 기름이 향기를 뿜어냈구나

13.나의 사랑하는 자는 내 품 가운데 몰약 향주머니요

14.나의 사랑하는 자는 내게 엔게디 포도원의 고벨화 송이로구나

15.내 사랑아 너는 어여쁘고 어여쁘다 네 눈이 비둘기 같구나

16.나의 사랑하는 자야 너는 어여쁘고 화창하다 우리의 침상은 푸르고

17.우리 집은 백향목 들보, 잣나무 서까래로구나

<설교>

우리가 하나님의 사랑을 잘 안다고 생각하기 쉽습니다. 하지만 그것은 우리가 경험하는 수준의 사랑에서 하나님의 사랑을 이해하는 것일 뿐입니다. 그래서 하나님의 사랑을 부모가 자식을 사랑하고 돌보는 것처럼 믿는 자를 힘들지 않게 돌보고 아껴주는 것으로 생각하고 그러한 사랑을 하나님께 기대하는 것입니다. 단적으로 말씀드리면 하나님은 우리가 알고 있는 방식으로 사랑하지 않습니다. 그래서 마치 자신이 하나님의 사랑에서 끊어진 것과 같은 느낌이 드는 경우가 허다한 것입니다.

아가서의 사랑은 전혀 다른 사랑을 보여줍니다. 무엇보다 사랑하고 사랑을 받는 남녀의 관계에 다른 조건은 전혀 끼어들지 않고 오직 남자의 사랑으로만 연결된 관계가 우리가 알고 있는 다른 사랑으로 나타나는 것입니다.

기독교인이 하나님의 사랑을 말할 때 지워버리지 못하는 것은사랑을 받을만한 자기 조건이라고 할 수 있습니다. 하나님의 사랑을 받기 위해서 사랑받을만한 신자가 되어야 한다고 생각하고 자기를 치장하고 가꾸는 방향으로 나아가는 것입니다. 이러한 사람에게 사랑은 자신의 노력으로 쟁취해야 하는 것이 되고 사랑을 받을만한 자신의 가치를 높이게 됩니다. 이것이 사랑에 대한 오해입니다.

12절을 보면왕이 침상에 앉았을 때에 나의 나도 기름이 향기를 뿜어냈구나라고 말합니다. 나도 기름이 향기를 뿜었다는 것은 향유를 부었다는 뜻입니다. 다시 말해서 침상에 앉은 왕에게 나도 기름을 부음으로 향기를 뿜어낸 것입니다. 이것은 예수님의 발에 나드 향유를 부은 마리아의 행동을 연상하게 합니다.

12;3절에 보면 마리아가 지극히 비싼 향유 한 근을 가져다가 예수님 발에 붓고 자기 머리털로 발을 닦습니다. 그로 인해 향유 냄새가 집에 가득하게 됩니다(12:3). 향유는 여자가 자기 몸에 발라서 자기를 돋보이게 하는 용도로 쓰여집니다. 그런 향유를 예수님의 발에 붓고 여자에게 소중한 머리털로 발을 닦았다는 것은 자신의 몸보다 예수님을 존귀하게 여기고 높이는 것으로 이해할 수 있습니다.

마리아의 오빠인 나사로는 죽었다가 예수님이 찾아오시고 말씀하신 것 때문에 살아났습니다. 그 사건으로 인해서 예수님을 부활의 생명으로 바라보게 되고 세상의 어떤 존귀한 것도 생명이신 예수님에 비해서는 하찮은 것일 뿐임을 향유를 부은 것으로 나타내었다고 할 수 있는 것입니다.

마리아의 행동에 가룟 유다는 향유를 삼백 데나리온에 팔아 가난한 자들에게 주지 아니하였느냐고 마리아를 나무랍니다. 이것을 두고 유다가 가난한 자들을 생각하는 마음에서가 아니라 돈 궤를 맡고 있던 유다가 돈 궤의 돈을 훔쳐 가는 도둑이었기 때문이라고 합니다. 예수님의 존귀함보다 자기 배를 불리는 것에 관심을 둔 것입니다.

설령 유다가 가난한 사람들을 생각하는 마음으로 한 말이었다 해도 유다가 옳은 것은 아닙니다. 왜냐하면 가난한 사람을 돕는다는 인간의 선행에 가치를 두는 것이기 때문입니다. 이것이 믿음을 말하는 기독교인의 실상입니다. 믿음으로 자기 배를 부르게 하고 자기 유익을 얻고 자신이 가치 있는 존재가 되는 것에 관심을 둔 가룟 유다인 것입니다.

여인의 나도 기름이 향기를 뿜어낸 것은 왕이 침상에 앉았을 때, 즉 왕의 침상에서 일어난 일입니다. 말씀드렸던 것처럼 왕의 침상은 아무나 들어갈 수 없습니다. 왕의 사랑에 의해서 허락된 여인만 왕의 침상에서 왕과 함께 하게 됩니다. 따라서 여인에게는 도무지 왕의 침상에 함께 할 자격이 없는 자신을 침상으로 이끌어 들인 놀라운 사랑으로 다가오게 되는 것입니다. 이것이 여인의 나도 기름이 향기를 뿜어내게 된 이유라고 할 수 있습니다.

그래서 믿음은 자신을 보지 않고 사랑을 믿는 것입니다. 사랑을 받기 위해 자신을 가꾸어야 한다고 생각하게 되면 그 믿음은 언제나 자신을 바라보고 자신의 조건을 점검하려고 할 것입니다. 여기에는 사랑으로 인한 감사와 감격을 찾을 수 없게 됩니다. 항상사랑받을만하다는 자기 가치와 의로움만 생각할 것이기 때문입니다.

13절의나의 사랑하는 자는 내 품 가운데 몰약 향주머니요라는 말도 다르지 않습니다. 사랑하는 자가 품 가운데 몰약 향주머니라면 향기를 뿜어내기 위해 여인이 할 것은 아무것도 없습니다. 사랑받는 여인에게는 사랑 자체가 향주머니이기 때문입니다.

다시 말해서 하나님의 사랑 가운데 있는 신자는 사랑 자체가 존귀함이고 신자에게 향기가 되기 때문에 자신을 존귀하게 하고 신자다운 향기를 만들어내기 위한 다른 방법을 찾을 필요가 없다는 것입니다. 그래서 인간의 선행이나 종교적인 열심으로 자신의 신자다움을 보이려고 하는 모든 것이 하나님의 사랑을 외면하고 자신의 존귀함에만 마음을 두고 있는 헛됨이라는 것이 전도서와 연결하여 이해할 수 있는 내용입니다.

16-17절을 보면 나의 사랑하는 자야 너는 어여쁘고 화창하다 우리의 침상은 푸르고 우리 집은 백향목 들보, 잣나무 서까래로구나라고 말합니다.

어여쁘고 화창하고 푸르다는 것은 기쁨과 즐거움으로 부족함이 없는 상태를 생각하게 합니다. 그런데 대개의 기독교인은 이처럼 부족함이 없는 현실을 실감하지 못한다고 할 것입니다. 하나님이 우리를 채우시고 부족함이 없는 자리로 인도하신 것과는 다른 부족함이 없는 현실을 꿈꾸기 때문입니다.

우리는 육신에 부족함이 없는 현실을 꿈꾸고 기대합니다. 하나님의 사랑이 자신을 그런 현실로 인도해 줄 것을 원합니다. 하지만 인간은 어떤 풍족한 현실에서도나는 부족함이 없다는 만족을 누릴 자가 못됩니다. 이러한 인간에 대해 전 5:10절에서은을 사랑하는 자는 은으로 만족하지 못하고 풍요를 사랑하는 자는 소득으로 만족하지 아니하나니 이것도 헛되도다라고 말한 것입니다.

우리에게 기쁨과 즐거움과 만족이 되는 유일한 것은 주의 사랑입니다. 왜냐하면 저주의 자리에 있는 우리가 저주에서 구출되어 생명에 있게 된 모든 것이 주의 사랑이 하신 일이기 때문입니다. 우리가 살아온 길을 돌아봤을 때 모든 것이 죄였음을 안다면 그런 나를 천국으로 이끄는 것은 사랑밖에 없다는 것에 눈을 뜨게 될 것이고 사랑이 가장 존귀한 것으로 자리하게 되는 것입니다.

15절에 보면 여인을 향해서 내 사랑아 너는 어여쁘고 어여쁘다 네 눈이 비둘기 같구나라고 말합니다. 여인을 향한 이 사랑은 결코 변하지 않습니다. 여인의 어떤 모습에도내 사랑아라고 부르면서 너는 어여쁘다고 하는 것이 사랑입니다. 이것이 우리를 끝까지 이끄시는 하나님의 사랑입니다.

Chapter 5

My Beloved

While the king sitteth at his table, my spikenard sendeth forth the smell thereof.

A bundle of myrrh is my well-beloved unto me; he shall lie all night betwixt my breasts.

My beloved is unto me as a cluster of camphire in the vineyards of Engedi.

Behold, thou art fair, my love; behold, thou art fair; thou hast doves' eyes.

Behold, thou art fair, my beloved, yea, pleasant: also our bed is green.

The beams of our house are cedar, and our rafters of fir. (Song of Songs 1:12-17 KJV)

(Sermon)

It is easy to think that we know God's love well. However, it's just understanding God's love at the level of love we experience. That is why we think of God's love as caring for believers without difficulty, just as parents love and care for their children, and expect such love from God. In short, God doesn't love the way we know it. That's why many times you feel as if you are cut off from God's love.

The Song of Songs shows a completely different love. Above all, the relationship between a man and a woman who loves and is loved is not at all intervening, and a relationship connected only by the love of a man appears as a different love as we know it.

When a Christian speaks of God's love, it can be said that what cannot be erased is a “self-condition that deserves love”. In order to receive the love of God, we think that we must become a beloved believer, and we go in the direction of decorating and caring for ourselves. For such a person, love is something that must be achieved through one's own efforts, and it increases one's own worth to be loved. This is a misconception about love.

In verse 12, she says, "While the king sitteth at his table, my spikenard sendeth forth the smell thereof.” ‘My spikenard sending forth the smell’ means that she poured the perfume oil. In other words, she anointed the scent by pouring oil on the king sitting on the bed. This is reminiscent of Mary's act of pouring the same kind of oil on Jesus' feet.

In John 12; verse 3, Mary takes a root of her most expensive perfume, pours it on his feet, and wipes his feet with her own hair. That makes the house full of her balm smell. Her balm is used by the woman to make Him stand out by applying it to His body. To pour her such perfumed oil on His feet and wipe the feet with her hair that is precious to her woman can be understood as honoring and exalting Jesus over her own body.

Lazarus, Mary's brother, died and was raised because of what Jesus said and visited. It can be said that because of that event, Jesus is viewed as the life of resurrection, and that any precious thing in the world is nothing but insignificant compared to Him, who is life, it can be said that it was expressed by pouring the precious perfume.

For Mary's actions, Judas Iscariot, for not selling her perfume for her three hundred denarions, and giving it to the poor, he blames Mary. With this, it is said to be not because Judas was thinking of the poor, but because Judas, who was in charge of finance, was a thief stealing the money from the money box. He was more interested in satisfying his desire rather than the dignity of Jesus.

Even if Judas thought about the poor, he was not right because he values ​​human goodness in helping the poor. This is the reality of Christians who speak of faith today. It was Judas Iscariot who, by his faith, was interested in making his stomach full, benefiting himself, and becoming worthy of himself.

The oil scented out of the woman's spikenard happened when the king sat on the bed, that is, on the king's bed. As I said, no one can enter the king's bed. She is the only woman permitted by the king's love, and she will be with the king on the king's bed. So it is all that comes to the woman with the amazing love, which she does not deserve to be with the king's bed. This can be said to be the reason why the oil of the woman's perfume also gave off the scent.

Thus, we can learn belief is to believe in love without seeing ourselves. When you come to think that you have to take care of yourself to receive her love, that belief will always try to look at yourself and check your condition. Here you will not be able to find gratitude and excitement from the love because you will always only think of your self-worth and righteousness that you are “deserving to be loved”.

Verse 13, “A bundle of myrrh is my well-beloved unto me” is no different. If the beloved is a sachet of myrrh in his arms, there is nothing the woman will do to exude the scent. For a beloved woman, his love itself is her sachet.

In other words, a believer in God's love does not have to find another way to honor himself and create a believer-like scent because love itself is precious and becomes a fragrance to the believer. Therefore, it is understandable in connection with the book of Ecclesiastes that everything that tries to show one's being as a believer through human deeds or religious zeal is in vain that ignores the love of God and puts his heart only on his dignity.

In verses 16-17, he says, "Behold, thou art fair, my beloved, yea, pleasant: also our bed is green. The beams of our house are cedar, and our rafters of fir.”

Being fair, pleasant, and green reminds us of a state of satisfaction in joy. However, most Christians would say that they do not realize this reality without shortcomings. It is because we dream of a reality on our own where there is no lack, unlike God's filling and leading us to a place where there is no lack in His will.

We dream and expect a reality where there is no shortage in our fleshly lives. We want God's love to lead us to that reality. However, humans cannot enjoy the satisfaction of “I am not lacking” in any affluent reality. In Ecclesiastes 5:10, "He who loves silver is not satisfied with silver, and he who loves abundance is not satisfied with income. This is also in vain."

The only thing that brings us joy and satisfaction is the love of the Lord because it is the work of the love of the Lord that we, who are in the place of the curse, are rescued from the curse and come to the eternal life. If we look back on the way we have lived and know that everything was sin, we will open our eyes to the only thing that leads me to heaven and that love is the most precious.

In verse 15, he says to the woman, "Behold, thou art fair, my love; behold, thou art fair; thou hast doves' eyes.” This love for the woman never changes. Whatever she looks like, he calls her “my beloved” and tells her that she is fair is love. This is God's love that leads us to the end!

List of Articles
번호 성경본문 제목 글쓴이 날짜 조회 수
공지 설교 원고는 없습니다 신윤식 2022.01.01 938
공지 암, 옵, 욘 성경강해 방으로 옮겼습니다. 신윤식 2011.02.28 7261
공지 이전 홈페이지 수요일설교 들어가기 은석교회 2010.01.01 40031
178 아 7:1-9 (21강) 사랑의 즐거움 신윤식 2021.08.28 402
177 아 6:11-13 (20강) 돌아오라 신윤식 2021.08.14 423
176 아 6:4-10 (19강) 하나뿐이로구나 신윤식 2021.08.07 422
175 아 6:1-3 (18강) 찾으리라 신윤식 2021.07.31 376
174 아 5:9-16 (17강) 내 사랑하는 자는 신윤식 2021.07.24 25840
173 아 5:2-8 (16강) 사랑의 병 신윤식 2021.07.17 447
172 아 5:1 (15강) 내가 내 동산에 신윤식 2021.07.10 585