설교듣기(클릭하세요)

<본문>

1.내가 밤에 침상에서 마음으로 사랑하는 자를 찾았노라 찾아도 찾아내지 못하였노라

2.이에 내가 일어나서 성 안을 돌아다니며 마음에 사랑하는 자를 거리에서나 큰 길에서나 찾으리라 하고 찾으나 만나지 못하였노라

3.성 안을 순찰하는 자들을 만나서 묻기를 내 마음으로 사랑하는 자를 너희가 보았느냐 하고

4.그들을 지나치자마자 마음에 사랑하는 자를 만나서 그를 붙잡고 내 어머니 집으로, 나를 잉태한 이의 방으로 가기까지 놓지 아니하였노라

5.예루살렘 딸들아 내가 노루와 들사슴을 두고 너희에게 부탁한다 사랑하는 자가 원하기 전에는 흔들지 말고 깨우지 말지니라

<설교>

아가서의 특징은 내용에 일정한 흐름이 없다는 것입니다. 앞뒤 내용이 연결되지 않고 마치 다른 이야기를 하는 것처럼 되어 있어서 읽어보면 어렵다는 느낌이 들게 됩니다. 아가서는 노래 중의 노래라는 뜻이고 주제는 사랑입니다. 사랑을 노래하는 최고의 노래라는 것인데 그 내용이 우리가 예상하는 사랑으로 흘러가지 않습니다. 읽으면 뭔가 감동을 주고나도 저렇게 사랑해야지라는 생각을 하게 하는 것이 없습니다.

솔로몬의 사랑을 통해서 예수 그리스도의 사랑을 보여주는 것이 아가서라고 말씀을 드렸지만 아가서에서 예수님의 사랑이 어떤 것인가를 찾기가 쉽지 않습니다. 하지만 그 이유는 아가서의 이야기가 어려워서가 아니라 사랑에 대한 우리의 이해가 잘못되었기 때문임을 생각해야 합니다.‘사랑은 내가 원하는 것을 이루어준다라는 생각으로 접근하기 때문에 아가서의 사랑이 생소하게 느껴지는 것입니다.

먼저 여러분이 구분해야 하는 것은 아가서에 등장하는 왕의 사랑과 여인의 사랑이 다르다는 것입니다. 왕의 사랑은 실패하지 않는 완전한 사랑입니다. 하지만 여인의 사랑은 실패하는 사랑입니다. 이것이 인간의 사랑입니다. 다시 말해서 예수님의 사랑은 완전하지만 우리의 사랑은 늘 실패하게 되어 있다는 것입니다.

1절을 보면 여인이내가 밤에 침상에서 마음으로 사랑하는 자를 찾았노라 찾아도 찾아내지 못하였노라라고 말합니다.

2장에서는 사랑하는 자가 달려오는 것을 노래하고 여인을 어여쁜 자라고 하면서 일어나서 함께 가자고 하는 내용이 있습니다. 그러면 3장은 사랑하는 남자와 여자가 만나고 함께 하면서 사랑을 나누고 즐거워하는 분위기로 이어지는 것이 우리가 예상할 수 있는 내용입니다. 그런데 여인이 갑자기 사랑하는 자를 찾습니다. 2장과는 다른 반전의 내용이라고 할 수 있습니다.

이것을 이해하기 위해 인간의 사랑은 실패한다는 것을 전제해야 합니다. 그렇지 않으면 4절에서 여인이 사랑하는 자를 만났다는 내용 때문에신자가 예수님을 열심히 찾고 구하면 예수님이 만나 주신다. 그것이 예수님의 사랑이다는 엉뚱한 해석을 하게 될 수 있습니다.

여인은 침상에서 사랑하는 자를 찾고 있습니다. 1:4절에 보면 왕이 여인을 그의 방으로 이끌었고 침상에서 여인과 함께합니다. 왕이 여인을 처소로 이끈 것이 사랑입니다. 여인은 왕의 처서로 들어갈 수 없는 볼품없는 존재입니다. 여인이 왕의 사랑을 받을 만한가를 따졌다면 처소로 이끌지 않았을 것입니다. 따라서 여인이 왕의 침상에 있다는 것은 여전히 사랑 안에 있음을 뜻합니다. 사랑하는 자가 보이든 보이지 않든 사랑의 혜택을 입고 있는 것입니다. 이것이 사랑에 의해 그리스도 안에 있게 된 신자입니다.

기독교인이라면 누구나 예수님의 사랑을 받고 싶어 할 것입니다. 하지만 간과하고 있는 중요한 사실은 신자 된 것이 예수님이 피 흘려 죽으신 십자가의 사랑 안에 있다는 증표라는 것입니다. 이것을 간과하기 때문에 사랑을 눈으로 보고 경험하는 것으로 확인하고 싶어 하는 것입니다. 육신의 일이 잘되고 평안한 삶을 누리는 것을 사랑 안에 있는 것으로 생각하기 때문에 십자가만으로는 사랑을 확인하기에는 부족하다고 생각하게 되는 것입니다.

요일 4:9절에 보면하나님의 사랑이 우리에게 이렇게 나타난바 되었으니 하나님이 자기의 독생자를 세상에 보내심은 저로 말미암아 우리를 살리려 하심이니라라고 말합니다.

하나님의 사랑은 독생자를 세상에 보내시고 우리를 죄에서 건지시고 살리기 위해 십자가에 죽게 하신 것으로 나타났습니다. 십자가가 하나님의 사랑을 나타내는 온전한 증거라는 것입니다. 따라서 사랑은 우리가 기대하는 것처럼 세상으로 것으로 나타나고 증거되지 않습니다. 그런데 우리는 내가 원하는 방식의 사랑을 기대하면서 하나님을 찾습니다. 이것이 사랑에 실패할 수밖에 없는 인간성입니다.

왕의 침상을 십자가라고 생각해 보십시오. 여인은 자신을 거룩한 왕의 처소로 이끈 사랑 안에 있음을 생각하지 않고 사랑하는 자를 찾고 있는 것이 됩니다. 사랑하는 자가 보이지 않아서 찾는 것이겠지만 사랑의 증거는 눈으로 사랑하는 자를 보는 것이 아니라 여전히 왕의 침상에 있다는 것입니다. 왕과 사랑의 관계가 끊어졌다면 왕은 여인을 계속 침상에 있게 하지 않을 것이기 때문입니다.

그런데 1절을 보면 밤에 여인이 사랑하는 자를 찾는다고 합니다. 사랑 안에 있는데도 사랑하는 자를 찾는 것을 밤의 상태로 말한다고 할 수 있습니다. 마치빛이 어둠에 비치되 어둠이 깨닫지 못하더라”(1:5)고 말한 것과 같습니다. 빛이 왔고 세상을 비추고 있음에도 빛을 찾고 기다리는 것이 어둠인 것처럼 사랑 안에 있는데도 사랑을 알지 못하고 찾는 것이 밤의 상태입니다.

2절을 보면이에 내가 일어나서 성 안을 돌아다니며 마음에 사랑하는 자를 거리에서나 큰 길에서나 찾으리라 하고 찾으나 만나지 못하였노라고 말합니다.

이 또한 사랑을 찾아 헤매는 우리의 실상을 보여줍니다. 여인이 거리에서나 큰 길에서 사랑하는 자를 찾을 수 있을 것으로 기대한 것처럼 교회에서 열심히 신앙 생활하면 예수님이 만나주신다고 생각하는 것입니다. 하나님이 우리를 예수 안에 있게 하셨고 예수 안에서 끊어지지 않는 사랑이 있고 그 사랑은 우리를 주가 다시 오실 때까지 책망할 것이 없는 자로 끝까지 견고하게 하신다는 믿음이 아니기 때문에 사랑을 찾아 헤매는 것입니다.

3,4절을 보면성 안을 순찰하는 자들을 만나서 묻기를 내 마음으로 사랑하는 자를 너희가 보았느냐 하고 그들을 지나치자마자 마음에 사랑하는 자를 만나서 그를 붙잡고 내 어머니 집으로, 나를 잉태한 이의 방으로 가기까지 놓지 아니하였노라고 말합니다.

성은 성전이 있는 예루살렘 성을 말합니다. 그 성을 순찰한다는 것은 성전 중심의 유대교 신앙을 지키는 것에 힘을 쏟는 바리새인 제사장과 같은 사람을 의미합니다. 그런데 그들을 지나치자마자 사랑을 만납니다. 이처럼 사랑은 인간이 행하는 길이 아니라 주가 행하신 길에서 만나게 되는 것입니다. 이것이 여인에게는 이미 사랑으로 이끄신 왕의 처소인 것처럼 우리에게는 사랑으로 나타난 십자가입니다.

신자는 완전한 사랑 안에 있습니다. 항상 실패하는 우리가 사랑에 방해물이지만 우리의 실패를 극복하면서 여전히 사랑 안에 있게 하시고 함께 하시는 것입니다. 이것이 우리의 견고함입니다. 완전한 사랑 안에서 우리의 노력이라는 것은 무의미하고 무가치할 수밖에 없습니다. 사랑받기 위해서 자신을 아름답게 가꿀 필요가 없는 것입니다. 아무것도 하지 않아서 불안하다는 것은 처소의 의미를 모르는 무지일 뿐입니다. 사랑 안에서 노루와 들사슴처럼 뛰고 즐기는 자유에 눈을 뜨기를 바랍니다.

Chapter 10

Looking For The Loved One

By night on my bed I sought him whom my soul loveth: I sought him, but I found him not.

I will rise now, and go about the city in the streets, and in the broad ways I will seek him whom my soul loveth: I sought him, but I found him not.

The watchmen that go about the city found me: to whom I said, Saw ye him whom my soul loveth?

It was but a little that I passed from them, but I found him whom my soul loveth: I held him, and would not let him go, until I had brought him into my mother's house, and into the chamber of her that conceived me.

I charge you, O ye daughters of Jerusalem, by the roes, and by the hinds of the field, that ye stir not up, nor awake my love, till he please. (Song of Songs 3:1-5 KJV)

(Sermon)

A distinctive feature of Song of Songs is that there is no constant flow in the content. There is no connection between the front and the back, and it is as if they were telling a different story, making it difficult to read. The Book of Song of Songs means Song of among the songs and the theme is love. It's the best song about love, but the content doesn't turn out to be the love we expect. There is nothing that moves you when you read it and makes you think, 'I should love like that too'.

I said that Song of Songs is to show the love of Jesus Christ through the love of Solomon, but it is not easy to find out what the love of Jesus is like in the Book. However, we must think that the reason is not because the story of Song of Songs is difficult, but because our understanding of love is wrong. Because we approach it with the idea that 'love grants what I want', the love of Song of Songs seems unfamiliar.

The first thing you need to distinguish is that the love of the king and the love of the woman in Song of Songs are different. The king's love is a perfect love that never fails. But the woman's love is a love that fails. This is our love. In other words, Jesus' love is perfect, but our love is always bound to fail.

In Verse 1, the woman says, "By night on my bed I sought him whom my soul loveth: I sought him, but I found him not.”

In Chapter 2, there is a song about a loved one running, calling her a fair one, and asking her to get up and go with him. Chapter 3, then, would be what we can expect, leading to an atmosphere where the man and the woman in love meet, make love, and have fun together. But she suddenly finds the one she loves. It can be said that the content is the reversal, different from Chapter 2.

To understand this, we must assume that our love fails. Otherwise, because in Verse 4, the woman says she has met the one she loves, we might conclude, ‘If we diligently seek Jesus, Jesus will meet us. That is the love of Jesus’, which is far from the meaning of the verse.

The woman is looking for the loved one in the bed. In verse 1:4, the king led the woman into his room and sat with her on the bed. It was his love that the king led the woman to his place. She is a disgraceful being that she cannot enter into the place. She would not have been led to the place if it had been asked whether she was worthy of the king's love. Thus, that when the woman is in the king's bed means she is still in his love. She is receiving the benefit of love, whether her beloved is visible or invisible. This is the believer made in Christ with love.

Any Christian would want to be loved by the Lord Jesus. However, an important fact that is overlooked is that being a believer is a sign that one is in the love of the cross where Jesus shed His blood. Because we overlook this, we want to confirm love by seeing and experiencing it. Because we think that things in the flesh are going well and enjoying a peaceful life are in love, we come to think that the cross alone is not enough to confirm love.

In 1 John 4:9 it says, “In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.”

God's love is shown in the truth that He sent His only begotten Son into the world to die on the cross to save us from our sins. The cross is the perfect evidence of God's love. Thus, love is not manifested and evidenced by the world as we would expect. But we look for God in anticipation of love the way we want it. This is the human nature to fail in love.

Think of the king's bed as the cross. She becomes a woman looking for her beloved without thinking that she is in her love which has led her to the holy king's dwelling. She may be looking for her loved one because she has not seen him, but the evidence of love is not that she sees her beloved with her eyes, but that she is still on the king's bed. Because if the love relationship with the king were broken, the king would not keep her woman in his bed.

By the way, in Verse 1 she says that at night she is looking for her beloved. Even though she is in love, it can be said that she is looking for the loved one as a state of the night. As it is said, “The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not understand it” (John 1:5). Just as it is darkness to seek and wait for the light even though the light has come and illuminate the world, so it is the state of the night to seek love without knowing it even though it is in love.

Verse 2 says, “I will rise now, and go about the city in the streets, and in the broad ways I will seek him whom my soul loveth: I sought him, but I found him not.”

This also shows the reality of our wandering in search of love. We would think that Jesus will find us if we live a zealous life of faith in the church activities, just as the woman expects that she will find her loved one on the street or on the main road. We are looking for love because it is not the faith that God has placed us in Jesus, that there is an undying love in Jesus, and that love makes us steadfast to the end, blameless until the Lord returns.

In Verses 3 and 4 we read, “The watchmen that go about the city found me: to whom I said, Saw ye him whom my soul loveth? It was but a little that I passed from them, but I found him whom my soul loveth: I held him, and would not let him go, until I had brought him into my mother's house, and into the chamber of her that conceived me.”

The city refers to the city of Jerusalem where the temple is located. To patrol the city means to be like a Pharisee priest who is committed to upholding the temple-centered Jewish beliefs. But as soon as they pass by, she meets love. In this way, love is found not on the path of man, but on the path of the Lord. Just as this is the king's dwelling place for the woman who has already been led by her loved one, for us it is the cross that appeared with love of Jesus Christ.

Believers are in perfect love. We who always fail are obstacles to love, but overcoming our failures and still being in love and being together. This is our solidity. Our efforts in perfect love are meaningless and worthless. You don't have to make yourself beautiful in order to be loved. Being anxious about not doing anything is just ignorance of not knowing the meaning of the place, the cross. I hope you will open your eyes to the freedom to run and enjoy like gazelle and doe in love!

List of Articles
번호 성경본문 제목 글쓴이 날짜 조회 수
공지 설교 원고는 없습니다 신윤식 2022.01.01 941
공지 암, 옵, 욘 성경강해 방으로 옮겼습니다. 신윤식 2011.02.28 7264
공지 이전 홈페이지 수요일설교 들어가기 은석교회 2010.01.01 40059
139 아 1:9-11 (4강) 내 사랑아 신윤식 2021.03.27 480
138 아 1:12-17 (5강) 나의 사랑하는 자 신윤식 2021.04.03 512
137 아 2:1-7 (6강) 사랑에 빠지다 신윤식 2021.04.10 3319
136 아 2:8-9 (7강) 달려오는 사랑 신윤식 2021.04.17 624
135 아 2:10-14 (8강) 함께 가자 신윤식 2021.04.24 672
134 아 2:15-17 (9강) 여우를 잡으라 신윤식 2021.05.29 860
» 아 3:1-5 (10강) 사랑을 찾다 신윤식 2021.06.05 488