설교듣기(클릭하세요)

<본문>

12.내 누이, 내 신부는 잠근 동산이요 덮은 우물이요 봉한 샘이로구나

13.네게서 나는 것은 석류나무와 각종 아름다운 과수와 고벨화와 나도풀과

14.나도와 번홍화와 창포와 계수와 각종 유향목과 몰약과 침향과 모든 귀한 향품이요

15.너는 동산의 샘이요 생수의 우물이요 레바논에서부터 흐르는 시내로구나

16.북풍아 일어나라 남풍아 오라 나의 동산에 불어서 향기를 날리라 나의 사랑하는 자가 그 동산에 들어가서 그 아름다운 열매 먹기를 원하노라

<설교>

성경의 중심 사상 중의 하나는 선택입니다. 우리가 기독교인으로서 선택이라는 사상을 이해하는 것은 어려운 일이 아닙니다. 하지만 그 선택이 창세 전에 확정되었고 하나님의 사랑이나 구원이 선택이라는 방식으로 이루어진다는 것을 받아들이는 것은 사실 어려운 일입니다. 왜냐하면 우리가 세상을 살아가는 방식이나 상식과 전혀 맞지 않기 때문입니다.

생각해 보십시오. 하나님이 사랑하시고 부르시고 구원할 자를 창세 전에 이미 선택하셨다면 우리가 신앙생활을 해야 하는 이유는 무엇일까요? 신앙생활의 여부와 무관하게 하나님이 선택한 자는 천국 가고 선택하지 않은 자는 지옥에 간다면 굳이 우리가 신앙생활에 힘써야 하는 이유가 사라지는 결과가 됩니다. 그래서 선택적 사랑, 선택적 구원이라는 말을 쉽게 하지 못하게 되는 것입니다.

혹 선택적 사랑을 가르친다 해도 신앙생활을 무의미하게 여기게 되는 것을 우려하여하나님이 택하여 사랑을 베푸신 은혜를 받았기에 신앙생활을 잘해서 하나님께 영광 돌려야 한다는 말을 하기도 합니다. 하지만 이것은 인간을 저주의 존재라는 시각으로 보지 않기에 나타나는 문제들입니다.

51:5절을 보면내가 죄악 중에서 출생하였음이여 어머니가 죄 중에서 나를 잉태하였나이다라고 말하는데, 이것은 다윗 한 개인의 문제가 아니라 모든 인간의 실상을 말하는 것입니다. 그래서 바울이 아담 안에서 모든 사람이 죽었다는 말을 합니다.

죄 중에서 잉태하여 죄악 중에서 출생하는 것이 인간이기에 인간에게는 구원에 관하여 어떤 가능성도 없습니다. 이렇게 죄악 중에서 출생하는 인간들 가운데서 사랑할 자를 택하신 것이기 때문에 죽음의 존재로 출생하는 인간으로는 선택받지 못함을 억울하다고 할 수 없는 것입니다. 또한 한편으로 생각하면 하나님의 선택받지 못함을 억울함으로 호소할 인간도 없습니다. 선택을 아무것도 아닌 것으로 받아들일 것이기 때문입니다.

그러면 하나님은 왜 선택이라는 방식으로 사랑을 나타내시는 것일까요? 또한 선택을 받아 하나님의 사랑 아래 있게 된 신자에게서 나타나야 하는 사랑의 흔적은 무엇일까요? 이것을내 누이, 내 신부는 잠근 동산이요 덮은 우물이요 봉한 샘이로구나”(12)라는 말에서 찾아볼 수 있습니다.

잠근 동산, 덮은 우물, 봉한 샘의 공통적인 의미는 외부 사람의 접근을 막아 버렸다는 것입니다. 동산을 잠가서 아무도 들어갈 수 없고, 우물을 덮어서 마음대로 물을 먹을 수 없고, 샘을 봉해 버렸기에 흘러나오는 물을 사용할 수가 없습니다. 그런데 사랑하는 자는 이것을 내 누이, 내 신부로 노래한다는 것입니다.

사랑하는 자는 신부를 향해나의 사랑 너는 어여쁘고 아무 흠이 없구나”(7)라고 노래하고, 11절에서는 입술에서는 꿀방울이 떨어지고 혀 밑에는 꿀과 젖이 있고 의복의 향기는 레바논의 향기 같다는 말로 아름다움에 대한 최상의 표현을 합니다. 그런데 그 아름다움과 향기를 잠근 동산, 덮은 우물, 봉한 샘으로 노래하는 것이 참으로 낯설게 다가옵니다.

과연 무엇이 신랑에게 신부의 아름다움이 되는 것일까요? 동산을 잠그고 우물을 덮어 버리고 샘을 봉한 것을 신랑이 한 일로 생각해 보십시오. 신랑이 거부하는 것은 신랑이 아닌 다른 사람이 들어오는 것입니다. 다시 말해서 신부의 아름다움과 향기는 신랑의 사랑 하나만으로 족하다는 것입니다. 여인이 자신을 가꾸어 더 아름다운 모습으로 신랑 앞에 서려고 할 필요가 없기 신랑의 사랑만으로 감사하는 것이 신부의 아름다움이고 향기가 된다는 것을 표현하는 것으로 볼 수 있습니다.

하나님의 사랑을 선택적인 것으로 해석할 때 중요한 것은 사랑을 받은 신자는 자신의 무가치함과 무능을 분명히 알게 된다는 것입니다. 그래서사랑을 받았으니 그 사랑으로 자신을 가꾸어 하나님 앞에 아름다운 신자 되겠다는 인간의 발상을 오히려 사랑을 훼손하는 것으로 받아들입니다. 왜냐하면 하나님의 사랑이 부족함이 없는 최고의 아름다움이기 때문입니다. 그렇다면 사랑을 받았다고 하면서 자신의 아름다움을 더 채우고자 하는 것은 사랑의 가치를 멸시하는 것으로 간주 될 수밖에 없습니다.

그러면 지금의 기독교인들이 자신의 신앙을 좀 더 멋있게 보이기 위해 힘쓰는 것을 과연 사랑을 아는 신자다운 것으로 말할 수 있을까요? 사랑을 알지 못한 사람들과의 관계에서는 믿음의 향기로 칭찬을 받을 수 있을지언정 그리스도의 십자가 앞에서는 악취로 간주될 뿐입니다.

2장을 보면 에베소 교회에게 처음 사랑을 버렸다고 책망합니다. 처음 사랑을 버린 것이 책망의 이유라면 처음 사랑이 간직된 것은 주께 기쁨이 된다고 할 수 있습니다. 처음 사랑은 주로부터 시작된 사랑을 말합니다. 세상에 있는 어떤 사랑도 사랑으로 인정되지 않기 때문입니다. 그런데 처음 사랑을 버리는 것은 주의 사랑에 자신의 선함을 더하여 좀 더 견고한 사랑으로 자신을 지키고자 하는 의도 때문입니다. 예수님은 이것을 용납하지 않으십니다. 그래서 오늘날 교회가 멋있는 교회 되는 것에 초점을 둠으로써 처음 사랑을 버리는 사태에 이르게 된 것입니다.

에베소 교회에 처음 행위를 가지라고 하신 것은 예수님의 사랑 앞에서 자신이 부인되며 주의 사랑만 자랑 되는 것을 요구하시는 것입니다. 주의 사랑만 간직된 것이 주께서 원하시는 교회라는 뜻입니다. 그래서 교회가 참되고 아름답고 바른 교회 되기 위해 힘써야 하는 것은 없습니다. 주께서 피 흘려 이루신 십자가의 사랑만 간직하고 있으면 되기 때문입니다. 이것이 잠근 동산, 덮은 우물, 봉한 샘을 아름다운 신부로 노래하는 이유입니다.

13-15절에서 말하는 수많은 열매와 향품들은 모두 잠근 동산으로 비유되는 여인으로부터 나는 것입니다. 신부는 신랑의 사랑만 간직하고 있을 뿐인데 그러한 신부에서 신랑이 기뻐할 열매가 나는 것입니다. 그렇다면 우리가 주께 드릴 열매를 맺기 위해 힘쓰고자 하는 것 또한 모두 헛된 일이라는 결론이 됩니다.

16절에 보면북풍아 일어나라 남풍아 오라 나의 동산에 불어서 향기를 날리라 나의 사랑하는 자가 그 동산에 들어가서 그 아름다운 열매 먹기를 원하노라고 말합니다.

여자가 부르는 노래인데 어떤 바람이 불든 나의 잠근 동산에 불어서 사랑의 향기를 날리라는 것입니다. 이것은 여인이 자신은 잊어버리고 사랑만 생각하는 노래입니다. 신랑의 사랑을 받은 신부로 기쁘고 행복한 인생을 누리는 것을 꿈꾸는 것이 아니라 북풍이든 남풍이든 사랑의 향기가 날리는 것에 마음을 두는 것입니다. 이것이 진심으로 신랑의 사랑을 기뻐하는 신부의 모습입니다. 주의 십자가에서 사랑을 만나시고 그 사랑 때문에 어떤 바람이 불어도 신부의 향기가 날려지기를 바랍니다.

Chapter 14

Blow On My Garden

A garden inclosed is my sister, my spouse; a spring shut up, a fountain sealed.

Thy plants are an orchard of pomegranates, with pleasant fruits; camphire, with spikenard,

Spikenard and saffron; calamus and cinnamon, with all trees of frankincense; myrrh and aloes, with all the chief spices:

A fountain of gardens, a well of living waters, and streams from Lebanon.

Awake, O north wind; and come, thou south; blow upon my garden, that the spices thereof may flow out. Let my beloved come into his garden, and eat his pleasant fruits. (Song of Songs 4:12-16 KJV)

(Sermon)

One of the central ideas of the Bible is choice. It is not difficult for us as Christians to understand the idea of ​​choice. However, it is actually difficult to accept that the choice was established before the creation of the world and that God's love or salvation is accomplished in the way of choice because it doesn't fit the way we live in the world or common sense at all.

Think about it. If God has already chosen those whom He loves, calls, and saves before the foundation of the world, why should we live a life of faith? Regardless of whether or not we live a godly life, if those whom God chose go to heaven and those who were not chosen go to hell, the reason why we must strive for the life of faith disappears. That is why it is not easy to say the words selective love and selective salvation.

Even if selective love is taught, we are afraid that the the life of faith will become meaningless, so we say, 'I have received the grace of God's choice and love, so I have to do well in my life to give glory to God.’ However, these are problems that arise because we do not see ourselves as beings of a curse.

Psalm 51:5 says, “Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.” This is not just David's problem, but the reality of all human beings. So Paul says that in Adam all died.

Being conceived in sin and begotten in iniquity, man has no possibility of salvation. Since God chose the one to love from among those who were born in sin, it cannot be said that it is unfair not to be chosen owing to a being of death. Also, on the other hand, there is no human being who can complain about not being chosen by God with injustice because we would accept the choice as a meaningless thing.

Thus, why does God show love in the way of choice? Also, what are the signs of love that must be shown in believers who have been chosen to be under God's love? This is found in the words, “A garden inclosed is my sister, my spouse; a spring shut up, a fountain sealed(Verse 12).”

The common meaning of a locked garden, a covered well, and a sealed spring is that they keep access from outsiders. The garden is locked so that no one can enter, the well is covered and the water is not freely available, and the water that flows out cannot be used because the spring has been sealed. But the one who loves the woman sings this as his sister and his bride.

The lover sings to the bride, “You are beautiful, my love, and you have no blemish” (verse 7). In verse 11, he continues to sing, “Thy lips, O my spouse, drop as the honeycomb: honey and milk are under thy tongue; and the smell of thy garments is like the smell of Lebanon”, the best expression for love. However, singing with a locked garden, covered wells, and sealed springs with its beauty and fragrance is truly unfamiliar.

What is the beauty of the bride to the groom? Think of it as the bridegroom's work to shut the garden, cover the well, and seal the spring. What the groom refuses is for someone other than the groom to come in. In other words, the bride's beauty and fragrance is enough for the groom's love alone. It can be seen as an expression of the beauty and fragrance of the bride being grateful for the love of her groom alone, as a woman does not have to try to make herself look more beautiful and stand in front of the groom.

What is important when interpreting God's love as choice is that the loved believer is clearly aware of his or her worthlessness and incompetence. So, the idea of ​​a human being, 'I received His love, I will nurture myself with that love and become a beautiful believer before God' is rather undermining His love because God's love is the greatest beauty without lack. Then, saying that we have been loved and trying to fill our beauty with more things is inevitably regarded as despising the value of God’s love.

Then, can we say that today's Christians are trying to show their faith in a better way as a believer who knows the love of God? In relationships with people who do not know God, it may be praised for the fragrance of faith, but it is only regarded as a stench before the cross of Christ.

In Revelation 2, Christ rebukes the church in Ephesus for abandoning His first love. If forsaking the first love is the cause of reproof, it can be said that the cherished first love is a joy to the Lord. First love is love that begins with the Lord because no love in the world is recognized as love. However, the reason we forsake the first love is because we want to protect ourselves with a stronger love by adding our own goodness to the love of the Lord. The Lord does not tolerate this. That is why today's church has come to the point of giving up the first love by focusing on being a looking-good church.

To ask the church in Ephesus to have the first act is to deny themselves in front of the love of Jesus and demand that only the love of the Lord be proud. It means that only the love of the Lord is kept in the church that the Lord wants. Therefore, there is nothing that the church should strive for to become a true, beautiful and upright church. It is because we only need to keep the love of the cross that the Lord shed His blood. This is why the locked gardens, the covered wells, and the sealed springs are sung as the beautiful bride.

The numerous fruits and spices mentioned in Verses 13-15 all come from the woman who is compared to a locked garden. The bride only cherishes the groom's love, but from such a bride, the bridegroom will be pleased. Then we conclude that it is also in vain that we strive to bear fruit for the Lord.

In Verse 16, it says, “Awake, O north wind; and come, thou south; blow upon my garden, that the spices thereof may flow out. Let my beloved come into his garden, and eat his pleasant fruits.”

It is a song sung by the woman, and no matter what wind blows, it will blow on her locked garden, and the fragrance of love will be blown away. This is a song in which the woman forgets herself and only thinks about the love of the king. It is not dreaming of a happy life as a bride who is loved by the groom, but rather focusing on the scent of love blowing from the north wind or the south wind. This is the appearance of a bride who is truly delighted with the love of her groom. I hope that you will find love on the cross of the Lord and that the fragrance of the bride will blow no matter what wind blows because of such love!

List of Articles
번호 성경본문 제목 글쓴이 날짜 조회 수
공지 설교 원고는 없습니다 신윤식 2022.01.01 933
공지 암, 옵, 욘 성경강해 방으로 옮겼습니다. 신윤식 2011.02.28 7254
공지 이전 홈페이지 수요일설교 들어가기 은석교회 2010.01.01 39862
176 아 6:4-10 (19강) 하나뿐이로구나 신윤식 2021.08.07 422
175 아 6:1-3 (18강) 찾으리라 신윤식 2021.07.31 376
174 아 5:9-16 (17강) 내 사랑하는 자는 신윤식 2021.07.24 25791
173 아 5:2-8 (16강) 사랑의 병 신윤식 2021.07.17 446
172 아 5:1 (15강) 내가 내 동산에 신윤식 2021.07.10 584
» 아 4:12-16 (14강) 향기를 날리라 신윤식 2021.07.03 542
170 아 4:7-11 (13강) 흠이 없구나 신윤식 2021.06.26 39320