설교듣기(클릭하세요)

<본문>

13.또 광명을 배반하는 사람들은 이러하니 그들은 그 도리를 알지 못하며 그 길에 머물지 아니하는 자라

14.사람을 죽이는 자는 밝을 때에 일어나서 학대 받는 자나 가난한 자를 죽이고 밤에는 도둑 같이 되며

15.간음하는 자의 눈은 저물기를 바라며 아무 눈도 나를 보지 못하리라 하고 얼굴을 가리며

16.어둠을 틈타 집을 뚫는 자는 낮에는 잠그고 있으므로 광명을 알지 못하나니

17.그들은 아침을 죽음의 그늘 같이 여기니 죽음의 그늘의 두려움을 앎이니라

<설교>

기독교 신앙에서 크게 강조하는 것 중의 하나는‘하나님의 주권’입니다. 하나님이 우주 만물의 모든 것을 다스리시고 주관하시고 이루신다는 주권사상이 기독교의 중심 교리로 자리하고 있다 할 것입니다. 하지만 하나님의 주권을 수용하는 것이 곧 믿음의 증거는 아닙니다. 대부분이 교회에서 시행되는 기독교 교육에 의한 학습 결과라고 할 수 있기 때문입니다.

하나님의 주권 사상을 수용하는 신앙인은 모든 것이 하나님께 속해 있고 하나님께로부터 왔다는 것을 깊이 확신합니다. 이것은 여러분도 예외는 아닐 것입니다.

이러한 확신에 의해 다윗은 “나와 내 백성이 무엇이기에 이처럼 즐거운 마음으로 드릴 힘이 있었나이까 모든 것이 주께로 말미암았사오니 우리가 주의 손에서 받은 것으로 주께 드렸을 뿐이니이다”(대상 29:14)라는 기도를 합니다.

그리고 욥도 자신의 고난에 대해 “이르되 내가 모태에서 알몸으로 나왔사온즉 또한 알몸이 그리로 돌아가올지라 주신 이도 여호와시요 거두신 이도 여호와시오니 여호와의 이름이 찬송을 받으실지니이다”(욥 1:21)라고 기도한 것을 볼 수 있습니다.

우리는 어쨌든 제 삼자의 입장에서 그러한 기도에 대해 신앙의 모본으로 여기며 본받아야 한다고 생각할 수 있습니다. 하지만 그것은 말 그대로 우리의 생각일 뿐 현실에서의 우리는 늘 하나님의 주권을 부인하고 거부하며 산다고 할 것입니다. 하나님으로 말미암은 하나님이 행하신 일들을 순순히 받아들이는 경우가 희박하기 때문입니다.

물론 본인에게 유리한 상황이라면 하나님의 주권을 거부할 이유가 없습니다. 자기 입맛에 맞기 때문입니다. 하지만 욥과 같은 고난에 처해진다 해도 그것이 가능할까요? ‘하나님 왜 이렇게 합니까?’라는 불만, 반항과 함께 하나님의 주권에 의한 일을 수용하지 않으려고 할 것입니다.

그런 점에서 보면 “오늘도 내게 반항하는 마음과 근심이 있나니 내가 받는 재앙이 탄식보다 무거움이라”(욥 23:2)는 탄식은 욥의 것만이 아니라 우리 자신의 것임을 실감하지 않을 수 없습니다.

그리고 본문 13절의“또 광명을 배반하는 사람들은 이러하니 그들은 그 도리를 알지 못하며 그 길에 머물지 아니하는 자라”는 내용 또한 우리의 실상을 보게 합니다.

제가 항상 성경을 통해서 자신의 실상을 봐야 한다고 말씀드리는 것은 인간은 죽는 순간까지 자신에 대해 부족함을 느끼는 존재이기 때문입니다. 그래서 하나님의 주권을 말할 때도 자기 부족을 채워주는 의미의 주권으로 받아들이는 것입니다.

욥이 하나님의 주권 아래 있습니다. 욥의 고난도 고난에 의한 불평과 원망도 하나님의 주권이 역사하는 현장입니다. 즉 하나님의 주권은 인간 편을 들고 인간을 위해 역사되는 것이 아니라 구원 받을 가치가 없고 버림받아야 할 존재일 뿐임을 드러내는 심판의 의미로 역사되는 것입니다.

누구든 고통과 고난의 상황에 직면하게 되면 그것을 하나님의 정당한 일로 받아들이기를 거부합니다. 고난이 있기 전까지의 자신의 삶의 행적과 신앙 활동들을 근거로 삼아 고통과 고난의 상황을 주신 하나님이 부당하다고 생각할 것입니다.

욥 또한 그런 이유로 하나님에 대해 반항적인 태도를 보였습니다. 그런데 세 친구들은 욥의 상황을 하나님이 정당한 일로 주장합니다. 욥이 범죄 했다는 것이 그 이유입니다. 하지만 그 또한 욥은 인정할 수 없었습니다. 왜냐하면 세 친구들의 주장이 현실과 맞지 않았기 때문입니다.

욥은 14-17절에서 “사람을 죽이는 자는 밝을 때에 일어나서 학대 받는 자나 가난한 자를 죽이고 밤에는 도둑 같이 되며 간음하는 자의 눈은 저물기를 바라며 아무 눈도 나를 보지 못하리라 하고 얼굴을 가리며 어둠을 틈타 집을 뚫는 자는 낮에는 잠그고 있으므로 광명을 알지 못하나니 그들은 아침을 죽음의 그늘 같이 여기니 죽음의 그늘의 두려움을 앎이니라”고 말합니다.

가난한 자를 죽이는 학대자나 범죄 하는 자들은 그들의 행동을 밤에 합니다. 어두움이 자신들의 죄를 가려줄 것이라고 생각하기 때문입니다. 즉 죄가 드러나는 빛을 싫어하는 것입니다. 하지만 하나님은 가난한 자의 억울함을 풀어주십니다. 즉 가난한 자의 하나님이라고 할 수 있습니다.

이것을 72:4절의 “그가 가난한 백성의 억울함을 풀어 주며 궁핍한 자의 자손을 구원하며 압박하는 자를 꺾으리로다”는 내용에서도 확인할 수 있습니다.

하지만 욥은 12절에서 “성 중에서 죽어가는 사람들이 신음하며 상한 자가 부르짖으나 하나님이 그들의 참상을 보지 아니하시느니라”라고 말한 바가 있습니다.

그렇다면 가난한 백성의 억울함을 풀어주는 하나님은 어디에서 만날 수 있는 것일까요? 이런 이유로 욥은 “그런데 내가 앞으로 가도 그가 아니 계시고 뒤로 가도 보이지 아니하며 그가 왼쪽에서 일하시나 내가 만날 수 없고 그가 오른쪽으로 돌이키시나 뵈올 수 없구나”(욥 23:8,9)라고 한탄한 것입니다.

우리는 욥의 한탄에서 하나님의 일하심에 의해 고난과 고통의 길에 있는 가난한 백성의 한탄을 들을 수 있습니다. 중요한 것은 그 한탄이 우리의 한탄으로 나와져야 한다는 것입니다. 하지만 우리에게는 그러한 한탄이 없습니다. 이유가 무엇일까요? 자신의 가난함과 비참함을 경험하지 못하기 때문입니다. 다시 말해서 자신을 가난하고 비참한 상태의 존재로 보지 않는 것입니다. 그렇기 때문에 가난한 자의 억울함을 풀어주는 하나님에 대한 갈망이 없고 그로 인한 한탄도 당연히 없습니다.

욥의 말처럼 세상은 광명을 배반한 자로 가득합니다. 빛의 도리를 알지 못하며 그 길에 머물지도 않습니다. 그 증거는 빛이 세상에 왔음에도 빛을 알아보지 못하고 싫어했습니다. 빛이 왔음에도 빛을 따르지 않은 것입니다. 이것으로 드러난 것은 광명을 배반한 세상은 하나님 앞에서 살 권리가 없다는 것입니다. 이 사실을 세상에 확인시키는 것이 십자가 사건입니다.

그래서 신자가 십자가의 의미를 깨닫고 자신을 보게 되면 오직 여과 없이 드러나는 죄성을 접하게 됩니다. 광명을 배반하고 어둠을 좋아하는 자기 본성을 확인하게 됩니다. 죄로 인해 죽음에 노출되어 살아가고 있음을 알게 됩니다. 그렇게 죽음으로 연결되어 있는 자기의 현실에서 그 현실을 끊어버리고 생명으로 연결되게 한 위로부터 온 의의 능력이 광명을 배반한 우리를 빛의 세계에 있게 한 것입니다.

신자에게는 자기 의가 없습니다. 이것이 신자의 가난입니다. 욥은 이 가난을 하나님이 주시는 고난을 통해서 깨닫게 되는 것이고 그런 점에서 고난은 욥을 위한 것이었습니다. 이것이 욥이 겪는 고난을 정당한 하나님의 일이라고 할 수 있는 이유입니다.

따라서 우리에게 주어진 어떤 일도 정당하지 않은 것은 없습니다. 우리는 알지 못한다 해도 우리를 가난한 자 되게 하셔서 하늘의 의로 오신 그리스도로 부요한 세계로 이끌어 가시는 하나님의 주권에 붙들려 있는 것이기 때문입니다. 그렇다면 누구도 신자가 겪는 상황으로 그의 신앙을 저울질 하거나 판단할 수 없음이 분명해집니다.

엡 2장에 보면 우리를 허물과 죄로 죽었던 자로 말합니다. 이처럼 죽음과 연결되어 있는 것이 인간의 현실입니다. 죽음과 연결된 상태에서 공중의 권세 잡은 자를 따라 세상의 풍조를 따르며 자기의 힘을 자랑하고 약자를 핍박하고 무시하는 길로 갔던 것입니다. 악한 영이 여전히 세상에 활동함으로써 광명을 배반하고 빛을 미워하는 길로만 갑니다. 이러한 심판의 길에서 나의 의가 아닌 외부에서의 일방적인 의로 죽음이 아닌 생명에 연결된 거룩한 성도로 신자로 존재하게 된 것입니다.

그럼에도 내 안에 여전히 나의 의를 추구하는 본성이 있음을 깨달을 때마다 신자는 한탄과 함께 하나님을 찾지 않을 수 없습니다. 그리고 하나님은 십자가의 피로 우리에게 함께 하심을 깨닫게 되면서 신자로서의 부요와 참된 행복이 무엇인가를 배우게 되는 것입니다.

그래서 욥은 우리에게 계시로 다가옵니다. 고난이 있기 전의 욥은 신앙적으로나 환경적으로 부요한 사람이었습니다. 그러나 실상은 내 놓을 것이 없는 가난한 자라는 것이 드러난 것처럼, 우리가 하나님 앞에서 내어 놓을 것이 없는 가난한 자임을 보게 하는 계시입니다. 이 계시 안에서 가난하고 비참한 자에게 허락한 부요가 그리스도임을 배우기 바랍니다.

Chapter 58

Rebels Against The Light

They are of those that rebel against the light; they know not the ways thereof, nor abide in the paths thereof.

The murderer rising with the light killeth the poor and needy, and in the night is as a thief.

The eye also of the adulterer waiteth for the twilight, saying, No eye shall see me: and disguiseth his face.

In the dark they dig through houses, which they had marked for themselves in the daytime: they know not the light.

For the morning is to them even as the shadow of death: if one know them, they are in the terrors of the shadow of death. (Job 24:13-17 KJV)

(Sermon)

One of the most emphasized words in Christianity is ‘the authority of God’, meaning that God is reigning, controlling and fulfilling all the universe. Yet, accepting the authority of God is not an evidence of faith since it could be a mere result of education done at churches.

Those in the authority of God know all belong to God and are of God. So do you.

David in such confidence says in 1st Chronicles 29:14, “But who am I, and what is my people, that we should be able to offer so willingly after this sort? for all things come of thee, and of thine own have we given thee.”

And, Job also prays in his afflictions in Job 1:21, “And said, Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither: the LORD gave, and the LORD hath taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD.”

We might think we should follow such examples for our life of faith as a third party, but it remains in our thoughts only. We can’t deny the fact that we refuse and ignore the authority of God in our daily lives since we scarcely receive things done by God as they are.

Of course, there is no reason not to accept them if they seem good for us. Yet, what about Job’s situations? We wouldn’t accept them while complaining by saying, ‘why me, God?’

In this sense, we can’t help saying the lamentation of Job is ours as well in Job 23:2, “Even to day is my complaint bitter: my stroke is heavier than my groaning.”

In addition, Verse 13 in today’s passage shows us who we are as well, “They are of those that rebel against the light; they know not the ways thereof, nor abide in the paths thereof.”

The reason why I keep telling you that we have to see ourselves through the Bible is because we all feel lacking of ourselves till we die. Consequently, we would accept the authority of God for complementing our shortage.

Job is under the authority of God. His afflictions, resentment and complaints are also under the authority of God. That is, the authority of God is not for our own sake but revealing that we don’t deserve to be saved but perish in the meaning of the judgement.

If one faced pain and difficulty, one wouldn’t accept it as the work of God. One would think of one’s devotion of life of faith in the past, concluding one’s situation now is not fair for oneself.

For this reason, Job is also rebellious against God. Yet, Job’s friends claim the work of God for Job is fair because they assume it is for his sins. However, Job can’t acknowledge them as their claim doesn’t match the reality in the world, prosperity of the wicked.

Job says in Verses 14 to 17, “The murderer rising with the light killeth the poor and needy, and in the night is as a thief. The eye also of the adulterer waiteth for the twilight, saying, No eye shall see me: and disguiseth his face. In the dark they dig through houses, which they had marked for themselves in the daytime: they know not the light. For the morning is to them even as the shadow of death: if one know them, they are in the terrors of the shadow of death.”

Abusers and murderers of the poor do their evil acts at night, thinking darkness covers their sins, which means they hate the light, revealing their sins. However, God is the God of the poor, hearing them.

We can see that as well in Psalm 72:4, “He shall judge the poor of the people, he shall save the children of the needy, and shall break in pieces the oppressor.”

Job has, on the contrary, already said in Verse 12, “Men groan from out of the city, and the soul of the wounded crieth out: yet God layeth not folly to them.”

Then, where can see meet God, saving the needy? That’s why Job sighs in Job 23:8-9, “Behold, I go forward, but he is not there; and backward, but I cannot perceive him: On the left hand, where he doth work, but I cannot behold him: he hideth himself on the right hand, that I cannot see him.”

In his lamentation, we can hear a voice of the poor on the path of pain and suffering brought by God. The thing is that the lamentation should also be ours. Sadly, we have no such cry. Why? We can’t experience the same situations as Job’s. In other words, we don’t see ourselves as the miserable beings as Job. As a result, we can neither long for God, saving the needy, nor have such plead to God.

As Job says, there are full of people rebelling against the light in the world. They neither know the way of light nor stay in the light, proven that they didn’t recognize the Light when He came to the world, not following Jesus Christ. What we can learn from there is that the world, rebelling against the Light, doesn’t deserve to live before God. It is clearly revealed at the cross.

Thus, knowing the cross and seeing ourselves, we can face our unfiltered sinful nature, loving the darkness and hating the Light. We are nothing but living in the exposure of perishing. In spite of the fact that we, rebels against the light, are in such reality, it is the power from above that we are disconnected from such reality and connected to the Life.

Believers have no righteousness in themselves, which is our poverty. Job came to realize his own poverty by the afflictions given by God, which is good for Job. That’s why we can say God’s allowing Job to have all the conditions is not unfair for him.

Therefore, there is nothing given to us not unfair for us at all. Even if we know not, it is all for the authority of God that He would bring us to the riches of Christ while making us realize who we are before Him. Then, it is for sure that no one can judge anyone in any given situations.

In the second chapter of Ephesians, it says we were dead in trespasses and sins. Likewise, it is our nature, connected to death. We walked according to the course of this world and according to the prince of the power of the air, boasting ourselves and oppressing the needy in the connection of death. The evil spirit is still walking in this world, rebelling against the Light. In such path of the judgement, we are living, called out to be the saints of God not by our own righteousness but the righteousness from above.

Nevertheless, whenever we are aware of our nature that we are still pursuing our own righteousness, we can’t help coming to God in the lamentation over our sinful nature. Then, we learn that God is with us in His riches and the true happiness by the blood of Christ at the cross.

Thus, Job is a revelation for us. Before the afflictions, he had wanted nothing in terms of the life of faith and possessions. Yet, as he was exposed as the needy, it is the revelation of God that we see ourselves in poverty through him. I hope we all learn that Christ is given as the riches of God for such needy like us!

List of Articles
번호 분류 제목 글쓴이 날짜 조회 수
588 욥기 (72강) 사람보다 크심 file 신윤식 2018.09.29 17047
587 욥기 (71강) 엘리후의 등장 file 신윤식 2018.09.22 1151
586 욥기 (70강) 논쟁 종결 file 신윤식 2018.09.15 902
585 욥기 (69강) 결백 주장 file 신윤식 2018.09.08 1312
584 욥기 (68강) 어긋나는 현실 file 신윤식 2018.09.01 969
583 열왕기상 열왕기상 신윤식 2018.08.15 5307
582 열왕기하 열왕기하 신윤식 2018.08.15 3790
581 시편 시편1-76편 강해 신윤식 2018.08.13 7255
580 욥기 (67강) 현실 한탄 file 신윤식 2018.08.11 1134
579 욥기 (66강) 과거 회상 file 신윤식 2018.08.08 618