설교듣기(클릭하세요)

<본문>

1.여호와께서 또 욥에게 일러 말씀하시되

2.트집 잡는 자가 전능자와 다투겠느냐 하나님을 탓하는 자는 대답할지니라

3.욥이 여호와께 대답하여 이르되

4.보소서 나는 비천하오니 무엇이라 주께 대답하리이까 손으로 내 입을 가릴 뿐이로소이다

5.내가 한 번 말하였사온즉 다시는 더 대답하지 아니하겠나이다

<설교>

욥의 친구로 등장하는 엘리바스, 빌닷, 소발의 시각에서 욥은 죄로 인해 저주 받은 존재였습니다. 욥이 겪는 모든 상황이 그것을 증거 한다고 생각했고, 생일을 저주하고 하나님께 불평과 원망을 쏟아내며 자신을 의롭다고 하는 말들을 저주가 당연한 죄로 여겼습니다. 지금의 교회에서도 누군가가 욥과 같은 상황이 되고 욥과 같은 말을 한다면 하나님께 불손한 것으로 치부하며 하나님께 징벌 받을만한 것으로 규정했을 것입니다.

하지만 우리는 친구들이 하나님을 가리켜 말한 것이 욥이 말 같이 옳지 못하다고 하신 하나님의 말씀을 42장에서 확인할 수 있습니다. 그리고 저주 받았다고 생각했던 욥이 오히려 친구들을 위해 기도함으로써 하나님이 받으시겠다고 하십니다. 친구들을 위한 욥의 기도를 하나님이 받으신다는 것은 욥이 친구들에게 복의 존재가 됨을 의미합니다. 저주 받았다고 여겼던 욥이 오히려 복의 존재로 드러나는 것입니다. 이것이 욥기를 통해서 증거 되는 세상에서는 익숙하지 않은 생소한 하나님입니다.

그런데 이처럼 생소한 하나님으로 세상에 오신 분이 예수님입니다. 그리고 욥이 겪는 모든 상황들은 장차 메시아가 세상에 어떤 존재로 오시는가를 미리 보여주는 도구로 사용되는 것입니다. 그러므로 세상의 시각으로는 욥의 고난을 이해할 수 없고, 욥을 이끌어 가시는 하나님의 취지에 대해서도 무지할 수밖에 없습니다.

2절에서 하나님이 욥에게 트집 잡는 자가 전능자와 다투겠느냐 하나님을 탓하는 자는 대답할지니라고 말씀하자 욥은 보소서 나는 비천하오니 무엇이라 주께 대답하리이까 손으로 내 입을 가릴 뿐이로소이다 내가 한 번 말하였사온즉 다시는 더 대답하지 아니하겠나이다”(4,5)라고 답합니다.

사람은 자신에게 득이 되고 자기 입장에 유리한 말을 합니다. 손해가 되는 말을 고의로 하는 경우는 없을 것입니다. 물론 심사숙고하지 않고 내뱉은 말이 큰 손해가 되는 경우는 허다합니다. 특히 정치인들에게서 그런 경우를 많이 볼 수 있습니다.

그런데 욥이 하나님의 말씀에 대해 자신이 비천하다고 하면서 손으로 입을 가릴 뿐이라는 말을 합니다. 앞에서 욥은 하나님께 수많은 말을 했습니다. 내용은 자신이 왜 재난을 받아야 하는지에 대한 것입니다. 욥은 하나님의 답을 듣고 싶어 했습니다. 하지만 하나님은 욥이 듣고자 했던 고난에 대한 해명의 말이 아니라 욥의 관심 밖에 있으면서도 하나님의 관여하심으로 존재하는 자연에 대한 물음으로 욥을 만나십니다.

하나님과의 만남에서 욥은 자신의 비천함을 고백하며 입을 가릴 뿐이라고 하고 다시는 더 대답하지 않겠다고 합니다. 욥을 할 말이 없는 자의 자리로 이끄신 것입니다. 욥의 고난이 하나님의 관여하신 일이라면 사실 욥은 할 말이 많아야 합니다. 욥의 생각대로 다른 사람에 비하면 딱히 고난을 받아야 할 이유가 없었기 때문입니다. 그래서 욥이 불평이든 뭐든 가리지 않고 할 말을 한 것입니다.

그런데 하나님에 대해서 할 말이 많다는 것은 자기에게 희망을 두고 있다는 뜻입니다. 자기에게 희망을 두고 있기에 지금보다 나은 자신을 위해 자연히 할 말이 있게 되는 것입니다. 그리고 현재의 모든 상황에 대해 부당함을 느낍니다. 이것이 하나님을 믿는다고 하는 기독교인들의 현실이기도 합니다.

요즘 종종 듣는 말 중의 하나가 한국교회에 희망이 없다는 것입니다. 계속 대형교회가 문제 되고 많은 목사들이 부끄러운 일로 재판 받으며 교회가 욕을 먹는 상황에서 한탄조로 나오는 말입니다. 그래서 한국교회가 회개하고 정신을 차려서 하나님이 기뻐하는 교회로 거듭나야 한다는 말을 듣기도 하는데, 그런 말들이 아직 하나님을 만난 적이 없고 문제를 본질을 깨닫지 못하고 있다는 증거입니다. 하나님은 교회가 자정하여 좀 더 나은 교회 되는 것에 뜻을 두고 있지 않기 때문입니다.

하나님은 한국 교회에 희망을 주는 교회 되는 것에는 관심이 없습니다. 또한 어느 한 교회가 도덕과 윤리에 있어서 최고 수준에 도달한다 해도 다른 교회가 그 교회를 희망으로 삼지 않습니다. 왜냐하면 모든 교회는 내 교회에 희망을 두고 있기 때문입니다. 어느 교회가 잘된다 싶으면 잘되는 이유를 검토해서 내 교회가 잘되는 도구로 사용하고자 하는 것이지 저 교회가 내 교회의 희망이다는 것은 없습니다.

여러분에게 희망은 무엇입니까? 자식과 돈 아닙니까? 그 희망이 넘쳤던 사람이 욥입니다. 하지만 희망이 되는 모든 것이 사라지면서 욥은 오직 하나님만이 희망이심을 아는 자리로 이끌려 가는 것입니다. 하나님은 인간의 희망을 위해 일하시지 않음을 알게 되는 것입니다. 이것이 할 말이 없어서 손을 입을 가리며 다시는 더 대답하지 않겠다고 하는 욥의 심정이 아니었을까 생각합니다.

1:2절에서 선지자는 여호와여 내가 부르짖어도 주께서 듣지 아니하시니 어느 때까지리이까 내가 강포로 말미암아 외쳐도 주께서 구원하지 아니하시나이다라고 항변합니다. 정의가 무너지고 악인이 의인을 핍박하는 현실을 받아들일 수 없었던 것입니다.

하지만 선지자는 비록 무화과나무가 무성하지 못하며 포도나무에 열매가 없으며 감람나무에 소출이 없으며 밭에 먹을 것이 없으며 우리에 양이 없으며 외양간에 소가 없을지라도 나는 여호와로 말미암아 즐거워하며 나의 구원의 하나님으로 말미암아 기뻐하리로다”(3:17,18)라는 고백을 하게 됩니다.

악인이 심판을 받고 의인이 잘되는 세상이 되는 것에 희망을 두었던 선지자가 아무것이 없어도 여호와로 인하여 즐거워하는 것에 희망을 두는 것입니다. 무화과나무, 포도나무에 열매가 무성하고 소출이 풍성하며 의인이 잘되는 세상이 된다 해도 그것이 생명이 되지 못함을 알게 된 것입니다. 즉 무가치한 것일 뿐이라는 것입니다.

고난 받기 전의 욥과 고난 받는 욥의 가치성이 다를까요? 무가치한 인간이라는 점은 동일합니다. 고난 받기 전에 욥에게 있었던 것으로 욥이 가치 있는 인간 되는 것이 아니었습니다. 이것이 욥은 물론이고 우리가 알지 못하고 또한 인정하고 싶어 하지 않는 것입니다. 우리는 뛰어난 자식과 돈이 나를 세상에서 가치 있는 존재로 돋보이게 해 준다는 것을 잘 알고 있고, 그러한 가치 있는 존재가 되는 것을 포기하고 싶어 하지 않기 때문입니다.

그래서 여호와로 말미암아 즐거워하는 것은 우리의 능력으로는 안되는 것입니다. 그런 점에서 인간은 무가치하고 무능력한 존재일 뿐입니다. 이것을 깨닫는 자리로 강제로 이끄시는 분이 하나님이시고, 이러한 취지에 우리의 인생에 관여하시는 것입니다. 그런 점에서 나는 비천하오니라는 고백은 하나님이 욥을 이끄시는 효력이라고 할 수 있습니다.

우리가 하나님 앞에 할 말이 없게 되는 것은 우리의 모든 일이 하나님의 관여하심의 현장이기 때문입니다. 하나님이 계획하시고 하나님이 관여하신 일이라는 것에 대해 우리가 무슨 말을 할 수 있겠습니까? 산 염소가 새끼를 치는 것을 알지 못하고 사람이 없는 광야에 비가 내리는 이유도 알지 못하는 우리가 우리에게 관여하시는 하나님의 뜻을 어떻게 알 수 있겠습니까? 우리는 단지 하나님이 관여하신 대로 끌려갈 뿐입니다. 그래서 하나님만이 희망임을 아는 기적의 자리에서 하나님이 하십니다라는 고백이 있게 됩니다.

우리의 믿음은 욥에게 관여하시는 하나님으로 인해서 무가치한 것으로 무너져야 합니다. 이것이 하나님이 이끄시는 우리의 본래 자리입니다. 자기의 가치성에서 벗어나게 하시는 것이 하나님의 이끄심이며 그것이 십자가 세계입니다. 스스로는 벗어날 수 없고 부인할 수 없는 것이 자기 몸이기에 하나님이 관여하셔서 나의 비천을 아는 인간되게 하시고 비천한 자로 주 앞에 나오게 하십니다. 신자는 이러한 하나님의 이끄심에서 하나님의 크신 사랑을 만나게 됩니다.

자신에게 가치를 두고 하나님을 찾는 것은 믿음이 아닙니다. 자신이 목적이 되고 이유가 되어 하나님을 이용하고자 하는 것일 뿐입니다. 그것이 우상입니다. 그래서 욥기에서 알게 되는 것은 우리가 기대하는 하나님은 없다는 것입니다. 욥이나 욥의 친구들이 말하는 하나님에 대한 것을 하나님이 전혀 인정하지 않으신 것이 그 증거일 것입니다.

우리는 예수 그리스도의 피, 십자가라는 용서의 은혜 아래 있습니다. 그래서 십자가의 은혜 안에서는 어느 것 하나도 은혜 아닌 것이 없습니다. 어려움도 고난도 은혜 안에서의 일이며, 이 은혜를 알게 되는 것이 행복입니다.

Chapter 87

Job’s Answer

Moreover the LORD answered Job, and said,

Shall he that contendeth with the Almighty instruct him? he that reproveth God, let him answer it.

Then Job answered the LORD, and said,

Behold, I am vile; what shall I answer thee? I will lay mine hand upon my mouth.

Once have I spoken; but I will not answer: yea, twice; but I will proceed no further. (Job 40:1-5 KJV)

(Sermon)

In the eyes of Eliphaz, Bildad, and Zophar, who appeared as Job's friends, Job was a cursed person for his sin. They thought that all the circumstances of Job were testimony, cursing his birthday, pouring complaints and grudges against God, and righteousness of himself as a curse. In the modern Christianity, if someone is in the same situation as Job, and if he speaks like Job, he will be regarded as ungodly to God, and will be worsened by God.

However, we can see in Chapter 42 that God speaks about the friends, saying that unlike Job’s, their words were not right regarding God. God also says that He will accept them by the prayer of Job, who was thought cursed. God's acceptance of Job's prayer for his friends means that Job is a blessing to his friends. Job, who had been cursed, was revealed as a blessing. This is the unfamiliar God, evidenced through the Book of Job in the world.

In Verse 2, God says, “Shall he that contendeth with the Almighty instruct him? he that reproveth God, let him answer it.” Then, Job answers Him in Verses 4 and 5, “Behold, I am vile; what shall I answer thee? I will lay mine hand upon my mouth. Once have I spoken; but I will not answer: yea, twice; but I will proceed no further.”

Man is good for himself and speaks favorable to himself. You will not knowingly say anything that would harm you. Of course, if you do not ponder and the words you spoke are a big loss, especially politicians.

However, when Job says that he is low on the Word of God, he says that he only has to cover his mouth with his hand. In the beginning, Job spoke a lot to God. The content is about why he should be in the disaster. Job wanted to hear God's answer. However, God meets Job not with the words of the explanation of the suffering Job wanted to hear but with the questions about the nature that exists outside of Job's concern, but through the involvement of God.

In his encounter with God, Job confesses his lowness and says that he will only cover his mouth and will never answer again. God has led Job to the place where there is nothing for him to say. If Job's suffering is the work of God, then Job should have a lot to say because Job had no reason to suffer in comparison to others as he thought. That’s why Job did something to say regardless of whether he complained or not.

However, the fact that there were many things to say about God means that he had hope for himself. Since he had hope for himself, he would have words to speak for himself better than he was. And he felt unfair to every situation in the current situations. This is also the reality of Christians who believe in God today.

One of the things I hear often these days is that there is no hope in churches. It is the word that comes out in the situation where the large churches are in trouble and many preachers are judged as shameful and churches are being abused. That’s why I also hear that churches should be awaken by repenting to please God, which is sadly a proof that there is no encounter with God and no comprehension of the essence of the problem. It is because God has no interest in making the churches better.

God is never interested in churches giving other churches hope. Even if one church became a flawless church in morality and ethics, other churches are not in hope for the church because they are in hope for themselves. They would rather take advantage of the things in the church to make themselves like the church than say, ‘the church is our hope.’

What do you hope for? Is it your children or money? Job was full of such. Yet, as all vanishes, God leads him to where there is only hope, God Himself, opening his eyes to see that God is not working for the hope of man. This is probably what is going on in the mind of Job, who says he won’t say anything by covering his mouth.

In Habakkuk 1:2, the prophet says, “O LORD, how long shall I cry, and thou wilt not hear! even cry out unto thee of violence, and thou wilt not save!” He couldn’t accept the reality that there was no justice and the wicked persecute the righteous.

Yet, he comes to confess at the end of the Book, 3:17-18, “Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines; the labour of the olive shall fail, and the fields shall yield no meat; the flock shall be cut off from the fold, and there shall be no herd in the stalls:

Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation.”

The prophet who had hoped that the wicked would be judged and the righteous would be blessed came to hope for nothing else but God's rejoicing, aware that even if there were abundant fig trees, vines and the fruits in his life, and the righteous were prosperous, it is not the eternal one. That is, worthless.

Is the value different in Job before and after suffering? There is no difference in Job as a worthless person. What he had before the afflictions didn’t make him worthy. It is something that we as well as Job wouldn’t acknowledge because we know that outstanding children and money make us a worthy presence in the world, and we do not want to give up being such a worthy being.

Thus, it is not our ability to rejoice in God. In that respect, human beings are worthless and incompetent. It is God, who is forcibly leading us into the realization of this, and is involved in our lives in this effect. In that sense, the confession of 'I am low' can be said to be the effect of God, leading Job.

We do not have anything to say before God because all our work is the scene of God's involvement. What can we say about God's plan and what God is involved in? How can we know the will of God that we are involved in, who do not know that the mountain goat rears the young, and that it rains in the wilderness without man? We are merely dragged in His involvement. So, there is a confession that "God is working" in the place of miracles that we know the only hope of ours is God.

Our faith must fall to nothing worthy by God, leading Job. This is our original position led by God. It is God's guidance that makes us free from our worthiness and that is the world of the cross. Since it is the body that can not escape and can not be denied, God is involved and makes us a man who knows our pitifulness, and makes us come before the Lord with a lowly man. Believers meet the great love of God from the lead of such God.

It is not faith for one to find God with value to oneself. One is only trying to use God as one’s purpose and reason. It is an idol. So in Job we find that there is no God we expect. It is proof that God doesn’t fully acknowledge what Job and Job's friends said about God.

We are under the grace of forgiveness, the blood of Jesus Christ, the cross. So there is nothing in grace of the cross that is not grace. Even difficulties and afflictions are the work in grace, and it is happiness that we come to know such grace!

List of Articles
번호 분류 제목 글쓴이 날짜 조회 수
608 욥기 (92강) 욥의 결말 신윤식 2019.02.16 4692
607 욥기 (91강) 욥에게 가서 신윤식 2019.02.09 805
606 욥기 (90강) 욥의 회개 신윤식 2019.02.02 1676
605 욥기 (89강) 다 내 것이니라 1 신윤식 2019.01.26 15981
604 욥기 (88강) 그리하면 신윤식 2019.01.19 773
» 욥기 (87강) 욥의 대답 신윤식 2019.01.12 1049
602 욥기 (86강) 하나님의 자유 신윤식 2019.01.05 841
601 욥기 (85강) 들나귀의 자유 신윤식 2018.12.29 992
600 욥기 (84강) 네가 아느냐 신윤식 2018.12.22 969
599 욥기 (83강) 네가 신윤식 2018.12.15 2001